Score! Bells Hopslam Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
OMG!, this amazing ale.... The aroma when you first open the bottle.... just makes you drool. This is literally hop juice with a touch of beer added. Last years was so-so, but this year's is off the chart. Its extremely smooth for a 10% DIPA beer, so beware. Its pricey but oh so worth it! I picked up a 12 pack for 40 bucks. You may be tempted to try and hold on to this because of price/limited brew/enjoyability but trust me, the fresher the better! This very well may be the best beer I've ever had. :rockin:

It has begun!!! Can't wait until I get word it has made it in Florida! I have been waiting to get my hands on some Hopslam. Congrats on getting some!

:mug:

I'm so pissed. I went to the local Bottle Shop and asked the guy at the counter when they will get some Hopslam. He said not for a while. I'm like "But it just came out! You gotta get the stuff fresh!"

He says, "Yeah, we got some, but it's all gone. Probably won't get any until next time."

Then he says that one of the guys AT THE STORE buys a case 2 or each year, and it was probably all they were getting...

FK me...

I asked the guy at out local shop just how much he had, and he said "that's classified" lol, todays payday, I might have to go back again. GEEZUS!

I asked the guy at out local shop just how much he had, and he said "that's classified" lol, todays payday, I might have to go back again. GEEJUS!

Which local shop might that be? (Not that I'm planning to beat you to it :D)

Corks and Kegs, they even had a tasting last night to compare last years and this years Hopslam.

Corks and Kegs, they even had a tasting last night to compare last years and this years Hopslam.

Thanks, but it looks like I was a day late and a dollar short. Unless he was giving me the runaround, the guy I spoke to on the phone said they had sold out. :(

Yeah, I went back myself and tried to get another 6er, was all gone. I hear some place downtown has it on tap. Ill let ya know if I find it.

i saw a sign at my local wegmans that it was in and after about five minutes of not finding it i asked someone and he said they only got three cases and i missed the last six pack by less than thirty minutes :(

d8b2d655.jpg

Got some bottles too. Also have one of last years to compare.

I'd have to give the edge to Hopslam. I think they are similar, but Hopslam seems to be a bit smoother IMO. Founders beats Bells in just about everything else though.

Mini Keg was $32 and 6 packs are going for $18. I still have a lot left around me. I know of a few good spots though.

Bell's doesn't distribute in NJ.....Im willing to drive to PA to get some but they don't seem to have it yet!!

Stopped in to the bottle shop yesterday to return some craft beer bottles, and LO and BEHOLD! There was a few 6xers of Hopslam on the shelf! I grabbed one...

Unfortunately, I had given blood that day also, so I had to take it easy. Maybe tonight...

Geez, and here I am guarding my last 4 bottles like they were gold.....

Yea it really depends on where you are. Where I am down here in FL I just heard that we are only getting 2 cases for the entire county I live in. And of course I am figuring 1 case will not even hit the shelves and go to employees, leaving the rest of the county to fight over a couple 6 packs! I'm so ready though...

warrior.gif

Any great food paring ideas? I'll be taking down my last one tonight. I'm thinking spicy as hell.

Yea it really depends on where you are. Where I am down here in FL I just heard that we are only getting 2 cases for the entire county I live in. And of course I am figuring 1 case will not even hit the shelves and go to employees, leaving the rest of the county to fight over a couple 6 packs! I'm so ready though...

warrior.gif

Post from Bxbeerdepot

Why does South Florida get the short end of the stick when it comes to Bells Hopslam?! The most coveted IPA I've ever seen, people have been calling and asking for this for a good month now. Every store in South Florida gets two to three cases. With production up 23% from last year, I find myself asking one question 'What gives!?'. With a beer this stellar and hyped up, don't you think more than 8-12 people per store deserve to walk out with a 6 pack? I do, but I felt pretty lame limiting a beer to one 12 ounce bottle per person just to share the wealth.

Oh man I was just down at BXBeerDepot and talking to them about Hopslam. I know they were hoping to get a good amount in. I managed to get 1 of 4 six packs that hit the shelves at Total Wine in PBG. I heard they sold out within an hour of being out.

It is definitely worth the hype though in my opinion. :rockin:

Oh man I was just down at BXBeerDepot and talking to them about Hopslam. I know they were hoping to get a good amount in. I managed to get 1 of 4 six packs that hit the shelves at Total Wine in PBG. I heard they sold out within an hour of being out.

It is definitely worth the hype though in my opinion. :rockin:

I still haven't tried it. Maybe I will get lucky and find it this weekend, even if it's just a single.

We have it a couple places here in Indianapolis. I am halfway through my six pack. I agree with earlier comments, it is so smooth for a DIPA. The guy at the counter asked if I was happy it was back, must have had a big smile on my face.

Also just heard Hoptimun is here as well, have to pick that one up as well.

I stopped by Total Wine in Tampa this afternoon and they said that I was too late, they received their shipment late last week and sold out within a couple days.... Soooo I stopped by the ABC near my house and they still had 3 cases... So I picked up 3 6ers for myself. I then stopped by my local beer bar to see if they had it on tap and learned that they're tapping a keg tomorrow evening during happy hour, so you bet your balls I'll be there! I also picked up a bottle of Sam Adams Infinium as well, curious to see what it's like. All-in-all today was a good haul for me!

Talk about score...2 for 1 at a bar I'm at right now. I didn't even expect them to have Bells, but she said "yea we have Bells, what's it called, Hopslam? I don't know if we have that, but I'll check" I was betting against even having any sort of Bell's.....and what do you know, 2 Hopslams for the price of one!!! Score....:mug:

2nd round please :D

Checked around this area, can't find any. I was ready to drive up to Boca and check the total wine but I stumbled across some Guinness Foreign Export (4pack) and grabbed it. My hopslam search is done unless I bump into it.

My buddy went on an hour long mission from NY to PA to get some of this. I tried it last night and I can say that its definitely near the top of the list when it comes to double IPA's. Its up there with Pliny. I'm surprised they don't make it a year long beer but then again maybe its supply and demand.

I think bells likes to make people anticipate their beers like hopslam and oberon. People in MI and I'm sure other places freak out when both are released each year. People stockpile it and go crazy.

FYI - Just heard that Darek Zomonski with Bells Brewing will be at corks & kegs this friday pouring bells lineup including some hopslam! :mug:

I think bells likes to make people anticipate their beers like hopslam and oberon. People in MI and I'm sure other places freak out when both are released each year. People stockpile it and go crazy.

They are definitely making smart business moves, and they do deliver!! They make some great beer! I've never had a brew of Bell's that I didn't like! And HopSlam tips the scale of one of the best DIPAs around! They make it way too easy to drink way too many 10% beers!

Let's see...I've seen six packs of hopslam for anywheres of $13.99 to $16.99 and the 1.32 gal mini keg for $34.99. And damn its good this year. Definitely a plus for living in Northern Michigan...

Oh, and by the way, its EVERYWHERE up here!!! Michigan is truly a great beer state!

Picked up a sixer this week of Hop Slam and I trading it for some Pliny.

Well the tasting went well. Hopslam was certainly the high point but I was pretty impressed with the batch 10,000. 100 different malts and 60 types of hops. Right tasty.

Back