Taste/Carbonation Test of a Triple at one week...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woollybugger2

Reaction score
Okay, I know I should wait at least a month, but I just needed to check it out and 1.) make sure I'm not making hand grenades and 2.) make sure it will be potable for an upcoming birthday party.

This triple started ou OG 1.078 and FG 1.016 I may have been a little impatient in getting it into the bottles...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBf4sYBbcZE]YouTube - Homebrew Carbonation Test[/ame]

Check out the video... let me know if I'm headed for disaster...

btw it tasted a bit better than on bottling day.... ;) Can't wait to have another in a few more weeks/months....

As long as the gravity was consistent before bottling, and you didn't use too much priming sugar, all is fine. As you already stated, a couple more weeks minimum before drinking anymore would be wise.

Why do you think you're heading for disaster? It looks pretty good for a 1 week old brew....it's no way near carbonated (remember Triples have a great lacy and tiny bubble type head) but doesn't look like anything's wrong.

Remember this is a tripel...High grav. Some people don't even touch theirs for 6 months.

How did it taste?

And what kinda bottles did you use? They looked like they had a unique shape...almost like they were Bud American Ale bottles...

How did it taste?

And what kinda bottles did you use? They looked like they had a unique shape...almost like they were Bud American Ale bottles...

First ever brew so I just had to have some.....

That bottle is from a Bad Elf 50 cl, but most of the others are in 22 ounce bomber bottles.

The taste is indescribably delicious -- but slightly yeasty, very aromatic with a hint of apple ... it has mellowed some from the pre bottling and I did drink it at 68* today... I would have had another but one was enough to give me a warm fuzzy feeling ;)

I'm opening 2 of the bombers at a birthday party on the 28th and then will put the rest in the cellar for as long as possible... I'm sure that my current brew, a Hefeweizen, will be ready before the Triple matures....

It seems to me that simpler lighter colored beers don't seem to benefit as much as more complicated darker beers do form aging. The most important part happens before that minute fermentation in the bottle.

I don't like the way people define conditioning. As I see it once it clears it's started aging and has finished conditioning. Aging is more melding of flavors and covering up off flavors (mistakes) than the yeast cleaning up it's mess.

First every brew so I just had to have some.....

That bottle is from a Bad Elf 50 cl, but most of the others are in 22 ounce bomber bottles.

The taste is indescribably delicious -- but slightly yeasty, very aromatic with a hint of apple ... it has mellowed some from the pre bottling and I did drink it at 68* today... I would have had another but one was enough to give me a warm fuzzy feeling ;)

I'm opening 2 of the bombers at a birthday party on the 28th and then will put the rest in the cellar for as long as possible... I'm sure that my current brew, a Hefeweizen, will be ready before the Triple matures....

Zounds Tasty...I love the appli-ness of some Beligans. Piraat and the other brouwerij Van Seenberge are my favorites because of that.

What's your recipe? What yeast did you use?

Your right about the hefe being ready probably before the tripel..you can pretty much drink them right from the fermenter on pitching day. :D

Back