Bud Select has 0g of fat!!! OMFG!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Sorry...this is just a quickie, but...I'm making dinner and getting ready to mash in on my two brews for the night, and a Bud Select commercial comes on. First they say, "brewed longer, for blah blah blah", as if longer boils really helps Bud. Anyway, whatever. But the kicker was when they flashed the calories on the screen, 90 calories!!! And the guy with the deep voice reads it. Then flashes "0g Fat", and he reads that too, with his deep, NBC-esque voice, and I fall out laughing. Look, unless it's a chocolate stoute with real chocolate added, if you've got a fat content in your beer, something is really, really wrong. Maybe you shouldn't be using bacon fat as mash water?

:D

do have any idea how much beer they will sell because of this? Just because everyone here knows this doesn't mean the rest of the population does.

Great job on their part for marketing.

You are looking at this from the wrong point of view. Whether you like Bud or not, this is going to sell more beer.

Bud Select..... the Select means to "select" a different beer.

It reminds me of how things that never had trans fat are being advertised as not having trans fat because that's the latest craze.

Try our water! Now with 0g trans fat!

Man that sucks. I LOVE fat with my beer.

There's at least some attached to whatever meat I pull off the grill. :rockin:

Ize

Next you will see mountain bike advertisements that claim to have no transfats or carbs.

If they did use bacon fat their beer would end up with some flavor silly!!!

It is funny how Bud and MGD go back and forth claiming to have "more flavor" when they both have less flavor than the mildest pilsner ever made.

And those "Here's to you, MR don't buy your girlfriend tampons guy" commercials are the worst.I would rather listen to them claim that their beer helps you polish your wheel wells than listen to another bad "Mr Whatever the f bad idea they had next guy" commercial.

So instead of the 344 pound, 26 year old girl washing down her two Big Macs, double order of fries, filet-o-fish and apple pie with a DIET COKE.

She can wash it down with a Bud Light because "...well...like...it's fat free..and...well...of course I'm like watching my weight...so I don't want to drink anything with fat in it...."

Most people probably don't realize that about the only liquid that you can buy that has fat in it is milk.

Although you've got me thinking about bacon beer now... damn you.

somecallmetim said:
Oh yeah, well I had a Heinekin Light the other day that was "brewed with the special Heinekin horizontal fermentation method" :confused:

LOL, WTF is that? Where they lay the sixers on their sides so they catch the light just right to add some more "extra special skunkiness?" :drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
LOL, WTF is that? Where they lay the sixers on their sides so they catch the light just right to add some more "extra special skunkiness?" :drunk:

Ize

No their yeast are all crooked so they lay the fermentors on their sides... lol

JohnBarleycorn said:
I should write an essay about perpetual adolecence and the power of marketing .
I feel sorry for those idiot box zombies

Your not suggesting that "We know of no other beer that costs so much to brew and age" is an outright lie, are you?

BierMuncher said:
So instead of the 344 pound, 26 year old girl washing down her two Big Macs, double order of fries, filet-o-fish and apple pie with a DIET COKE.

She can wash it down with a Bud Light because "...well...like...it's fat free..and...well...of course I'm like watching my weight...so I don't want to drink anything with fat in it...."

well the beer probaly does have fewer calories of empiness then the diet coke.
it would certainly have fewer chemicals

BierMuncher said:

Crap.

Did I leave my webcam on last night.
Is my online cover blown???
:D:drunk:

Marketing is amazing. I learned in my marketing class (years ago) that some brands of allergy medicine used to market as "cough and cold", or "cough only" or headache and cough" etc., when all of the different varieties contained the exact same meds.
Also they tried a cough medicine that did not taste bad but people thought that it did not work, even though it was every bit as effective, so they started making it taste bad intentionally so that people would buy it. MARKETING!
And by "marketing" I mean......PEOPLE ARE SO FRIGGING STUPID, THEY WILL BELIEVE MOST ANYTHING.

Back