What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Ghost Pigeon ... the growler is gonna die on the next pour so time to enjoy it while I can!

image-1777589489.jpg

I just got home, managed to catch an earlier flight home after being in Austin again all week for work. I thought I'd surprise my wife since I had to stay down there an extra day this week. Turns out she's out at dinner with her sister...I better still get points for this.

Having a manhattan for now (home-brandied cherries). Beer next.

Wheat wine and barley wine are up next after my dopplebock. Grand Cru's are a style I have to sip on or it can be too much. I am anticipating a long sipping session when I do finally crack these open. 16.23% abv could put the smack on ya quick!

Is Grand Cru actually a style? I'd say no.

More Ghost Pigeon ... the growler is gonna die on the next pour so time to enjoy it while I can!

Too bad we never have growlers like those never ending kegs other folks seem to 'suffer' through.

campbelldm1 said:
Me: this sample glass you got me at the brewery is great for whiskey. Swmbo: you are drinking whiskey!? Me: yeah Swmbo: are you only drinking lighter beer after that? Me: I guess. Swmbo: I don't even want to know what happens with you and your brother tomorrow night. We are going to the eagles game up at met life this weekend. E-A-G-L-E-S
High hopes for a 1-3 team:)

Channel66 said:
Broke it?

I love abt12 I'd drink it every day if I could

The bottle was intact, thanks to the box. They were afraid to touch it afterwards, half the cage broke and the cork was cock-eyed on its way out.

High hopes for a 1-3 team:)

Playing an 0-4 team giving Jax a run for their money for the worst team in the league?

The bottle was intact, thanks to the box. They were afraid to touch it afterwards, half the cage broke and the cork was cock-eyed on its way out.

Should offered him $20 and seen how much Abt 12 you could drink tonight.

I would have to agree with you. Most taste like a fig wine.

Rodenbach being a notable exception. Maybe my fig quad is a Grand Cru.

Blue Moon Pine In the Neck. I tried to give it an honest try. It's not that it's bad. But it's not good either. It's mediocre at best

TNGabe said:
Should offered him $20 and seen how much Abt 12 you could drink tonight.

Challenge accepted!
Oh, wait. I don't have any Abt 12...

Water....

But to my credit we had some homebrew sampling before I left work and I had several glasses of a Pliny clone, a beer similar to Smithwick's, and then topped it off with a 12% "experiment" beer.

TNGabe said:
That's an awesome night, as long as you can get your phone set up right for all the giant phallus pics you'll want to take.

Plus, for $20-30 you would HAVE to drink most of it from the bottle.

Latest posts

Back