Wyeast 1332 NW Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danio

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just pitched part of my buddies yeast cake of Wyeast 1332 onto a recipe for Rogue's Dead Guy Ale, since I had heard it was fairly similar to the Pacman yeast. Does anyone have any idea how this will turn out? I think normally you might use a London style ale yeast....

I wouldn't be so worried, but I just recently tried to make a Smoked Porter with a Kolsch yeast and the result was SO bad that now I am paranoid. I have never used the 1332 before either, I'm usually a white labs guy.

Cheers!

Dan

The beer will probably turn out fine, but I am guessing it won't be exactly like dead guy due to the yeast differences.

1332, according to wyeast produces a malty beer, and isn't the most attenuative yeast out there.

Pacman yeast, which wyeast makes available as a seasonal deal (Wyeast 1764) is a more attenuative yeast which will probably produce a drier beer.

Back