need an idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmzala

Reaction score
I have a recipe that is a partial grain and need an idea of what the OG should be.
I grabbed he the beer smith program but not happy with the idea that grain and extract are the same value, unless I'm wrong please tell if I am. Here is the recipe if anybody can help.

6 Lbs 2 row LME
3 Lbs wheat LME
1.5lbs Lbs munich grain
.5 Crystal 80
.5 crystal 120
1.0 flaked oates
1 lbs chocolate malt
.25 wheat malt
2 oz oak chips
1 oz warrior hops
.25 perle hops

wlp 099 high gravity yeast

ok sorry i looked at the program again and judged to quickly. I just missed what it could do, nothing like looking like an idiot over the entire world:drunk:
Good brewing all:mug:

ok sorry i looked at the program again and judged to quickly. I just missed what it could do, nothing like looking like an idiot over the entire world:drunk:
Good brewing all:mug:

Not the entire world! We only have about 30,000 members. :D

Just kidding you- I would have answered if I had seen your post sooner. That program is great, but it definitely is NOT intuitive. I've had it a couple of years, and I'm still learning it. No problem asking any questions at all- no such thing as a dumb question around here.

Well, there are a couple of dumb questions, to be honest. But that is NOT one of them!

Thanks yoop. I'm just impatient. That why my brew never reaches what it could be. That was my buddy and mine's first one off recipe and we were just wondering where it should have landed. And yes we had no business trying anything our own but we did. The OG was 1.077 for our single infusion brew if your curious; but it smells gorgeous.

Back