What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking the 2nd hydrometer sample from my Sunset Gold APA. Cold lower temp has it finishing at FG 1.014 from OG 1.046. Crisp lil bite to it from the young hop flavors. Almost clear too. So looks like tomorrow is bottling day. If I wouldn't have waited another week to see if it'd get lower,I'd have had this one done in some 16 days!

5eea0b46.jpg

:mug:

My first ever pint of Hopslam. Its good but I dont see what all the hub-bub is about. I like Abrasive better.

2011 Bigfoot and before that Tuckahoe Brewing Steelman Porter

I stopped by a store today that had a beer on tap from a new nano (Tuckahoe Brewing) to get a growler fill. It was more a of a wine store but in their beer section they had 6s of Bigfoot, I didn't even realize until I got home that it was 2011.

First time ever having a hop devil, it's good, reminds me of SN celebration with less crystal.

ForumRunner_20120214_202403.jpg

Finally I can say Hopslam. Walked into the bottle shop right after the distributor stopped by, got a 6 pack before it was even on the shelves. Bottled on 2/02, I'd say that's pretty darn fresh for MI to MO.

some swill i made - it's all lagery and pilsnery. yum. i think i'm beerfasting tonite. gearing up for lent and story-time at the library... while this maybock quietly boils...

sippin on my harpoon winter warmer clone. It's a beer that i really didn't care for initially because i felt the cinammon was too forward and dominating... then i cooled the keg down to around 40 degrees F and it greatly mellowed the cinammon. Now, I really like the beer!

Just another lesson learned in just how much temperature can really affect your brew!

Back