Jaybird's Stainless False Bottoms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have had a thread on HBT for about 3 years now selling Stainless steel false bottoms for kettles and what ever else you needed. I have sold hundreds of them here and I have no idea where the thread went to. So If you by chance have a way to post up pictures of the false bottoms so others can see the work please do so here.
If you want the best false bottom money can buy PM me. I will post up pricing later on tonight when I get to the store.
Again I am sorry about the thread Tx is looking into where it went.
Cheers
Jay

Well, I guess I'll be the first to vouch for the top-notch craftsmanship from Jay! Got my false bottom in the mail last week and can't wait to test it out. Very heavy gauge steel, nicely cut, at a stellar price. Thanks, Jay.

Well, I guess I'll be the first to vouch for the top-notch craftsmanship from Jay! Got my false bottom in the mail last week and can't wait to test it out. Very heavy gauge steel, nicely cut, at a stellar price. Thanks, Jay.

Oh heck man my pleasure!
Jay

Pricing for the best damn False bottom money can buy(so I have been told :D)
A 15" hinged false bottom shipped is $95 that includes shipping and paypal charges
A 12" false bottom shipped is $47 that includes shipping and paypal charges.
I will drill a hole in it for a dip tube for no extra charge.
I can cut these down to whatever size you need from there.
I can also build you a diptube assembly that will work with the false bottom and come out easy for cleaning, those are $22.00 ea. If you buy one w/ a false bottom there is no extra shipping charges.
I am going to order more material within the next week or so. So if you need a big one please let me know. I can get it on the cut sheet.
As of right now I only have 2 15" hinged ones left and a few 12"
Shoot me a PM if you want one.
Cheers
Jay

Jay I got mine over the weekend and it is awesome. I cant wait to try it out. I will snap a pic this evening.

I'll vouch for Jaybird. Got the 15" hinged. The thing is a beast. Transaction was as smooth as a baby's ass. You will not be disappointed! I'll try and up a pic when I get home tonight.

I need a false bottom. Pics please! JayBird, do you have a website?

I send you a PM and a link to my website. Its a work in progress.

New material is on order. If you all want a false bottom shoot me a PM so I can get it on the cut sheet. If I don't get any special requests by the time the material comes in it's all going to be 15" hinged
Cheers
Jay

Here is pic of the one that I received last week. Like I said.... beastly!

IMG_03982.JPG

Got mine in too! (15" hinged, no dip tube hole)
It's realllllll nice, probably the best money can buy.... It fits my keg mlt like a glove.

I have a 12" and it is very stout! I will be upgrading to a 15" soon for my new rig. Thanks Jay!

Here is the 21.5" diameter one Jaybird made for me and my 55 gallon drum mashtun. Saweet. It's very beefy, I may not even put supports in the middle.
falsebottom1.jpg

falsebottom2.jpg

It's just me w/ my easy wheel, playing. I was trying to add something to break up such a large area, and make it look cool.
Jay

No way. I was wondering what that was. Its...ummm...trippy.

I thought it was just a product of something holding it during cutting. Nicely done sir!

Oh, and the gasket I made out of 1/2" silicone thermoplastic tubing with the ends connected. It works well so far. We'll see if it leaks any grain when I mash in it.

Are you able to use a 15 inch bottom UNHINGED if you slot a keggle on the sides? I think this would be easier for me and I would like it more and probably cheaper too. Anyone done this in the past?

Are you able to use a 15 inch bottom UNHINGED if you slot a keggle on the sides? I think this would be easier for me and I would like it more and probably cheaper too. Anyone done this in the past?

Yep you can. I think Bobby M does it that way.
It really is not that much cheeper really. I only charge $10 for the hinge and the work. I am cutting down a 15" for a guy tonight without the hinge and it's $85 total to his door. The hinged ones are $95 to your door. But yes there are people here that are doing just that.
Cheers
Jay

Here is mine. I used it today for the first time and my efficiency went up about 10%(to 85) over what I was getting in my cooler with copper manifold.

fb.jpg

My careless Child, that and my IC was destroyed in the same manor.

I need to order a new one but I have to get the measurements of the new tun

Here is mine. I used it today for the first time and my efficiency went up about 10%(to 85) over what I was getting in my cooler with copper manifold.

fb.jpg

Nice looking kettle, Glad to hear the efficency went up. The 15" false bottom will do that. My first batch I did w/ one I ended up 15% heavy on the OG. It's a problem I liked having :D
Thanks for posting a pic!
Jay

Back