INDOOR BURNER FOR 12g batch setup???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicorn_Platypus

Urine I Pee... Eh?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I currently boil outdoors in a 20g kettle on a high power propane burner.

I'm looking for an indoor burner that would also work for my current batch size and kettle.

Any suggestions?

I wouldnt use propane indoors, ever, pretty damn dangerous. So I guess your only option is a natural gas set up, still youre going to want ventilation wherever youre using it. Youre probably going to want to do it underneath a hood to really be safe.

You could check out those 32 tip natural gas burners.

I wouldnt use propane indoors, ever, pretty damn dangerous. So I guess your only option is a natural gas set up, still youre going to want ventilation wherever youre using it. Youre probably going to want to do it underneath a hood to really be safe.

You could check out those 32 tip natural gas burners.

Why is propane dangerous and natural gas isn't?

Propane can be done indoors provided the equipment is set up right for it and you know what you are doing. You need to have proper ventilation for both the fumes from burning AND for the moisture from your boil-off. These hoods for ventilation are expensive, and you'd still need to have your propane tank outside with a low pressure regulator and have it properly plumbed to your brewing location. On top of that you'd probably want to modify your equipment to include a automatic safety shut off valve so that if it detects gas flow without burning it will shut off.

Electric indoors still requires ventilation. The plus opposed to gases is your make-up air is for the venting only, not combustion. Carbon monoxide is deadly, no if's and's or buts.

The 32 tip jet burner would work, it comes in NG or LP. I'm sure your are trained in burner safety, and have the proper certifications or will pay someone who is,,, nuff said.

Back