GF Pumking clone attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GFgray

Reaction score
With help from my local home brew store "Mash" in Tacoma, I tried this tonight. The boil went good. Here is the ingredients for a 5 gal batch:

6.5 lbs bries sorghum
2 lbs brown sugar
2lbs dextrose
4lbs organic pumpkin pie filling
1/2 tsp whole cloves
1 1/4 allspice
1 1/4 nutmeg
2 1/2 tap cinnamon
1/2 oz magnum hops @ 60
1/2 oz ______ hops (forgot but listed on side of bottle) @15

I added boiling water and 1/4 tsp to pumpkin "mash' after carmalizing it and let it sit overnight. With amylase. During boil I added the spices at 15 and Irish miss at 15 as well.

image-3983579575.jpg

Boil ran into darkness but my lovely wife helped as I racked my sweet potato beer so I could put this into my primary bucket. ABV measured at 1.081 @90 deg. I ended up with 5.5 to 6 gal of beer and expect to loose about a gallon in trub.

The trub loss is something I failed to calculate for in my Pumpkin brew. When I brew it again (this week) I'll do 6 gallons instead of 5.

Dont rush your pumpkin ale. I brewed lcasanova's pumpkin ale (see his recipe) and tried one at 6 weeks and it was not good. Tried one yesterday at10 weeks and it was great. Maybe the best beer I have brewed.

I also roasted the pumpkin to add some color...you may try that next time

Back