What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a raging esb pretty soon,just started cappin a fluffly cloud on it. Bottleing up my Landlord INN( Timothy Taylor/NB Innkeeper) next weekend.

3 gallons of apple berry cider and 2 gallon Shorts Key Lime Pie clone first attempt, eager to see what needs to be tweaked.
Edit: Almost forgot! 1gallon batch of rice wine

Almost ready to be bottled: Belgian golden strong/Falconers flight/hbc342 IPA

Fermenting:India Brown Ale/Saison/APA w/French saison yeast.

Janet's Brown 3.0 going in keg with 2 oz. of Centennial tonight or tomorrow, and Mike's F*&^ed Up Porter (lhbs wound up giving me 1lb of black patent instead of roasted barley, partly my fault, partly theirs, so my dry irish stout is being turned into a porter) almost done with the ferment, probably going in a keg this wkend. After that, IIPA time to do something with all the Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe and Centennial I have in the freezer.

Right now I have a dark mild going. We're actually calling it an Imperial Mild (OG 1.047) since we got killer efficiency out of the mash. Brewed up ten gal with 509inc over the weekend, split it and we're each doing different yeasts to compare. Should be a good'n to have on tap come spring.

5 gallons of cider in the carboy that is actually ready to be bottled but life is crazy right now. I need to make sure that I have relatively open evenings so that I can pastuerize once it's carbed and that isn't happening this week.

I also have 5 gallons of Scottish 80 schilling sitting in one of my buckets. It is also ready to bottle. Hopefully I can bottle this weekend and knock out a couple of batches.

I have full fermentors right now.

5 gal oatmeal stout
5 gal whiskey stout
5 gal citra ipa
5gal citra pale
5 gal phat tyre clone
15 gal tripel
5 gal saison
5 gal wit
5 gal Scottish 70
5 gal Belgian blonde
10 gal kolsch
5 gal black ipa.

Those are in various stages of primary. And all a result of me having 2 weeks off that swmbo couldn't take off (my brewcation)

I also have 12 gal of sours aging.

I'm out of 6.5 gal or larger fermentors. Starting 4 gallon batches in my 5 gal carboys this weekend with a cream of 3 crops.

Party anyone?

My premium American lager (corn adjuncted) is about ready to sample and decide whether to D-rest or not. It's looking clear already. Going to have to bottle my Bock this weekend to free up a secondary for lagering. Almost time to bottle the Maibock, too. The dry mead is still hangin' around, it seems to have restarted fermentation (or at least slow, continuous outgassing) after its last racking about a month ago.

Strangely, all wines at the moment.

Hybiscus Avignon Blanc
Semillon/Chardonnay blend
Merlot/Cab blend
Clone of Moonlight Meader's Desire, recipe from the AHA website.

I have an IPA going right now that I have dubbed Sküll Sänder, as a tribute to the two recipes I borrowed from, Heady Topper and Abrasive Ale. ~87% Pearl malt, ~7% Crisp cara, ~6% gn oats. FWH w/Hop Shot (~70ibu), 4 oz Citra @ 5 and 4 oz Citra in a 45 min stand at ~180ºF. Pitched Conan yeast. Should be awesome!

I have a SMaSH pale ale (Rahr Premium and Citra) in one fermenter, and a rye ale (1 rye, 2 UK Crystal, 2 2-Row, Australian Galaxy and Hallertau Mittelfruh) in another.

Got a jalapeño amber ale that's been fermenting for 2 weeks. Tasted a gravity sample today and to see how much pepper flavor so I could figure out how many peppers to dry hop for a week. It's pretty f-ing good. Mild pepper and light burn in the back of your throat. I don't think I'm going to dry hop with any peppers. Just let it sit for another week or so as it is.

Brewed a honey amber ale yesterday.

FINALLY got around to brewing yesterday, even with a hail storm going on! Wind was just right for the house to block the wind, and I have a covered front porch :)

Mosaic Pale Ale in the fermenter now!

11 gallons of IPA - split batch in two fermenters - dry hopped this past Wednesday half with Amarillo and half with Cascade. Crashing temp tonight to 33*F until Thursday then bottle one and keg one. I guess that means I get to brew this weekend!!!!

Felt the strong desire to brew yesterday, but it was raining like a biznitch at the house. My last brew session was my first all-grain, so I actually had an extract kit still hanging around.

I did a stovetop partial boil of a Double Barrel Ale from morebeer. Was feeling lazy, and decided I'm subconsciously trying to push the boundaries until I finally infect something. So, I racked my Pale Ale into secondary, poured about 1/2 to 2/3 of the trub out of the primary down the sink, and just threw the Double Barrel ale into the same bucket. Sprayed the rim with star-san, and put the lid back on. Didn't even have to dump out the airlock and get new vodka for it ;)

Felt the strong desire to brew yesterday, but it was raining like a biznitch at the house. My last brew session was my first all-grain, so I actually had an extract kit still hanging around.

I did a stovetop partial boil of a Double Barrel Ale from morebeer. Was feeling lazy, and decided I'm subconsciously trying to push the boundaries until I finally infect something. So, I racked my Pale Ale into secondary, poured about 1/2 to 2/3 of the trub out of the primary down the sink, and just threw the Double Barrel ale into the same bucket. Sprayed the rim with star-san, and put the lid back on. Didn't even have to dump out the airlock and get new vodka for it ;)

5 bucks says you don't catch an infection

I made another 10 gal batch of the red ale I screwed up last time. Everything had gone wrong on that brew and didnt think it was going to be drinkable. Funny thing it turned out great so I made another batch...;)

Had a marathon brew day on Sunday. Bottled Upstate Mike's Caramel Cider for my SWMBO (she is itching to drink again as she just had kid #3 about 5 weeks ago). I like cider, but this batch is for her. I also bottled a scottish ale that I think I may have infected so we shall see...

Brewed a 5 gallon Blind Pig clone that that lovely wife got for xmas as part of my kit. She doesn't like beer or care that much about it, but she ordered my brewing kit from MoreBeer and knows that when in doubt, get IPA for me.

I also did a special sorta experimental brew for a buddy of mine. He'a a published, award winning author. His first novel "Black and Orange" was published a couple of years back and he won a Bram Stoker (horror) award for it. Anyhow, to cut the story short, it's a halloween centric novel. His favorite beer is dunkelweiss so I took a midwest kit and modified to make it a pumpkin dunkelweiss. I am going to call it "Heart of the Harvest" because it's an element of the story and the wheat/pumpkin plays into harvest thing anyways.

Back