Yet another single tier DIY build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogzbone

Reaction score
I'm still very much a noob in the world of homebrewing but after seeing all the DIY builds I've decided to throw my hat in the ring so to speak and go AG. I bought a 48qt Coleman cooler and will be converting that to a MLT soon. I found this on craigslist the other day for $30 bucks

IMG_3465.jpg

and will use this as my brew kettle for the time being.

Something else I found on craigslist has me really excited about a long term project. Long, long term because I seem to be broke all the time. Who isn't nowadays. I picked this up from craigslist for $25 bucks.

_MG_3467.jpg

Hell of a deal if you ask me! :rockin:

While it may be a bit rough around the edges and is definately a piece work piece it's still 2" SS tubing and will be the basis and a good start of a brutus clone! Thinking more along the lines of a brutus 20 as it's more economical and makes more sense in my case. Anyway like I said this is going to be a long, long term project and I'll try to keep things updated as I go along. Any tips, hints, advice or critiques are more than welcome. I'm also not above accepting a donation or two! (hint hint) Just kidding! (not really) ;)

Let me know what you think!

Super deal on the table I think. Keep your eyes out for bigger casters...the bigger the better.

What ever happened here? That looks like a great start.

I can relate to funding being the limiting factor, I hope that's not what happened to your project.

Back