Treated well at my home brew store!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whippy

Reaction score
Hi people, I have just returned from my local home brew store where I got my first equipment and supplies! YAY

I wanted to post here because I had an AWESOME experience with Bet-Mar Liquid Hobby in Columbia, SC. :mug:

The shop owner (actually the shop owner's husband) was very accomadating to my needs. He answered all my questions honestly without trying to sell me unnecessary stuff, let me customize my own starter kit (for instance, I cannot use the hand held capper, so he let me swop it out for a bench capper at full retail credit for the difference...and other things too) and freely offered lots of advice.

The prices at Bet-Mar are not bad at all when shopping locally, although may be kind of high when ordering online with shipping and all.

If anyone is in or around central South Carolina, I'd recommend this shop any day. I feel very fortunate to stay just 2 miles from the shop. I was destined to live here, destined to brew. :)

My LHBS is the same way. Terrific! My suggestion would be to keep going back and talking with them. My LHBS guy has suggested some slight changes to some recipes and they turned out great. Besides, for the easily accessible knowledge and help a local shop provides, your also supporting local small business!

Back