Seal/Label Generator - An Easy Way to Make Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Those of you wanting to make a quick and dirty label using a free web tool can try this one:

http://www.says-it.com/seal/

You can use it to make an avatar as well. Here's one I did in about 30 seconds.

3712-seal.gif

I don't know German, but it seems to me that you forgot the yeast...

Yeast is never mentioned in Reinheitsgeboot, the German Purity Law of 1516 because they didn't know it existed. All they knew is you mix, Barley, Hops and Water and you let it sit and after a period of time you get this wonderful thing called beer. Yeast was not discovered until the 1800's.

German Beer Purity Law from 1516
"How beer should be served and brewed in summer and winter in the principality"
"Herewith, we decree, order, express and wish, together with the Privy Council, that from this day forth everywhere in the Principality of Bavaria, in the countryside as in the towns and marketplaces, wherever no other specific ordinance applies, from St. Michael's Day until St. George's Day a measure or head of beer shall not be sold for more than one pfennig Munich currency and from St. George's Day until St. Michael's Day a measure shall not be sold for more than two pfennigs of the same currency, nor a head for more than three haller. Violators of this decree shall be punished as prescribed below. Whoever should brew a beer other than Maerzen, is forbidden, under any circumstances, to serve or sell a measure for more than one pfennig. We especially wish that, from this point on and everywhere in the countryside as well as in the towns and marketplaces, nothing is to be added to or used in beer other than barley, hops and water. Whosoever knowingly disobeys this decree will be severely punished by the court having jurisdiction over him by having his barrel of beer confiscated whenever this offense occurs. Whenever an innkeeper buys beer at the prescribed price from any brewery in the countryside as well as in the towns and marketplaces, he is allowed to resell it privately to the lowly peasantry for one haller more than the price of the measure or head of beer stipulated above."

Brewtopia said:
Yeast is never mentioned in Reinheitgeboot, the German Purity Law of 1516 because they didn't know it existed. All they knew is you mix, Barley, Hops and Water and you let it sit and after a period of time you get this wonderful thing called beer. Yeast was not discovered until the 1800's.

That's great information.

Do you think Ed was using a Web 2.0 digital image application while remaining true to the letter and "spirit" of a 16th Century law? :D

That idea is just very funny to me.

Man, this is cool! I'm at work, so I can't access photobucket, etc. I made a Super Mario Ale...tastes like mushrooms......mmmmm....mushrooms.....

Hey, i know am computer illiterate, but what would be the best way to take a designed seal from this site and print out for labels.

It would be pretty silly to use one whole page for 1 seal, which is what i have managed so far.

Had to try it as well.

This tool gives me some interesting ideas on how to modify my original logo.

Falling Timber Generic.gif

Is a Keeper....:ban:
finalseal.gif

Or this one...
finalseal2.gif

The latin changed, nothing else. The first one says "my cup makes me drunk" and the second losely means bottoms up.

What do you guys think?

How did you find the wheat border? I didn't see it as an option.

Very cool site.

heertsy said:
Hey, i know am computer illiterate, but what would be the best way to take a designed seal from this site and print out for labels.

It would be pretty silly to use one whole page for 1 seal, which is what i have managed so far.

I havent realy screwed around with this to much but I am also having the same issue

word processing programs like MS Word have an option to print labels
you can set it to so many rows and so many columns
you can also buy paper that is made to do labels that you can print them on and then have them peel off and have an adhesive back
not sure if that's a good idea, they might be hard to get off

Dave

Great site. I wish we could upload an image to use instead of having to use theirs. But still a great site. This one'll do untill I can figure out Gimp a little bit. that might take years, though.:eek:

seal 2.gif

Also, How DID you guys get the grains in as borders? lI couldn't figure that one either.:confused:

Back