Star Trek or Star Wars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boba.jpg

I love them both, but to compare the two is stupid. Star Wars is an action movie while Star Trek is a depiction of earths future. But nothing beats bill Murray's rendition of Star Wars song on snl.
"Ah.. Star Wars! Nothing but Star Wars! Gimme those Star Wars.. don't let them end! Ah.. Star Wars! If they should bar wars.. please let these Star Wars stay-ay! And, hey! How about that nutty Star Wars bar? Can you forget all those creatures in there? And, hey! Darth Vader in that black and evil mask - did he scare you as much as he scared me-e-e-e?"

Tos
Tng
Voyager
Empire strikes back
A new hope
Return of the Jedi
The rest is nearly unwatchable

star wars 100%!! i dont want many things but if its star wars i must have it. speaking of. i need to finish my mandalorian tatoo..

Star Trek The Original Motion Picture Collection (I through VI) is up on Amazon Gold Box today. $22.50 for DVD, $35 for BluRay.

Hard to go wrong IMO!
of
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

BSG has stalled out for me after they settled on the crappy planet! Tell me it picks up

I actually stalled out at the exact same spot... just as the last season was airing. To this day, I STILL haven't felt like finishing it. That CAN'T be a good sign...

Star Trek The Original Motion Picture Series (I through VI) is up on Amazon Gold Box today. $22.50 for DVD, $35 for BluRay.

Hard to go wrong IMO!

I actually stalled out at the exact same spot... just as the last season was airing. To this day, I STILL haven't felt like finishing it. That CAN'T be a good sign...

Suck it up and get through it. The series, like any series, has a lull and then it picks up again quickly. Wait until you get to the "Final Five".

Star Trek The Original Motion Picture Collection (I through VI) is up on Amazon Gold Box today. $22.50 for DVD, $35 for BluRay.

Hard to go wrong IMO!
of

I'm on it!

Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's 5 year mission to..
Psst! We only have enough beer for 3 years!
It's 3 YEAR MISSION to seek out strange new life and...

"nuff said, right there..... "golf Clap"

Most cultures had intoxicants of some sort. At least I imagined they did.

Most cultures had intoxicants of some sort. At least I imagined they did.

Star Trek was too stuffy for libations (except for Kirk) There were enough libations on the enterprise to keep Starbuck happy for 6.7843 days.

Star wars somehow had no YEAST in that plane of existence.

BSG for the mother effing WIN!!!!!

At least 10 of the main characters were RAGING alcoholics.

Brewing and distillation made it into a few episodes and despit the occasional shortage of air, water, tilium, and food, THAT BAR WAS SOOOOOOOO STOCKED!!!!:mug:

Star Trek was too stuffy for libations (except for Kirk) There were enough libations on the enterprise to keep Starbuck happy for 6.7843 days.

Star wars somehow had no YEAST in that plane of existence.

BSG for the mother effing WIN!!!!!

At least 10 of the main characters were RAGING alcoholics.

Brewing and distillation made it into a few episodes and despit the occasional shortage of air, water, tilium, and food, THAT BAR WAS SOOOOOOOO STOCKED!!!!:mug:

What about Romulan Ale? Kirk was always drinking that stuff. It was blue. Romulan Ale would kick your a$$ if you weren't careful. You can't tell me Scotty wasn't an alcoholic. He always talking about Scotch.

Plus, they had the food replicators that could make anything you want. I'm pretty sure you could get booze out of those things.

Star Trek NG had a bar right on the ship. Whoopie Goldberg ran it. Pickard was always drinking and he sang a few drinking songs on occasion if I remember correctly.

Let's not forget the famous bar scene in Star Wars. I'm guessing wookies throw back a few pints every now and again.

What about Romulan Ale? Kirk was always drinking that stuff. It was blue. Romulan Ale would kick your a$$ if you weren't careful. You can't tell me Scotty wasn't an alcoholic. He always talking about Scotch.

Plus, they had the food replicators that could make anything you want. I'm pretty sure you could get booze out of those things.

Star Trek NG had a bar right on the ship. Whoopie Goldberg ran it. Pickard was always drinking and he sang a few drinking songs on occasion if I remember correctly.

Let's not forget the famous bar scene in Star Wars. I'm guessing wookies throw back a few pints every now and again.

There were plenty of alcoholic beverages in star trek. Most notably you had Romulan ale and Klingon blood wine. The replicators were rigged to make synthahol, same taste no ill effects.

There were plenty of alcoholic beverages in star trek. Most notably you had Romulan ale and Klingon blood wine. The replicators were rigged to make synthahol, same taste no ill effects.

Exactly. As Picard put it, the replicator just wasn't the same as the real thing on the palette. Remember, Picard grew up in a vineyard and was a true conisuer of wine.

Exactly. As Picard put it, the replicator just wasn't the same as the real thing on the palette. Remember, Picard grew up in a vineyard and was a true conisuer of wine.

HA! So BSG wins for sure.

There was no such thing as yeast in star wars.

In TNG it also allows you to not lose control and run your mouth, or at least that's what Picard's brother says.

While I can't remember Star wars not having alcohol, i do remember them having spices which had to be mined and were hallucinogens. That is what Han Solo was smuggling that he dumped and Jabba came after him for. The original star trek had real alcohol mainly because they didn't have replicators.

While I can't remember Star wars not having alcohol, i do remember them having spices which had to be mined and were hallucinogens. That is what Han Solo was smuggling that he dumped and Jabba came after him for. The original star trek had real alcohol mainly because they didn't have replicators.

Yuup, from the spice mines of Kessel (though I would have to admit the clear Dune inspiration). As for beer/yeast/alcohol, is there somewhere that alcohol is ruled out? I would think I would notice that. I know they never explicitly name the beverages in the Mos Eisley cantina, but it I never had any reason to doubt they were enjoying a nice saison (with those fermentation temps).

But yes, Star Wars all the way haha.

In TNG it also allows you to not lose control and run your mouth, or at least that's what Picard's brother says.

I think, IIRC, in ST: Voyager they said that Synthahol could make you drunk, but only if you didn't understand that it was all in your mind. The Ferengi at one time used it to gain bartering advantages over their trading partners. Apparently they were good at nullifying the effects.

What really F'ed you up was the Romulan Ale! (Actually, it wasn't all that bad, but it was banned for trade by the federation, so it gained a cult status.)

I only remember that from the novels. Yeah, I read the books.

9ab7d61cd1bac24bd265a8139a96bb5f.600x

I bet one of you guys has a similar family pic ;)

I wish!

I think, IIRC, in ST: Voyager they said that Synthahol could make you drunk, but only if you didn't understand that it was all in your mind. The Ferengi at one time used it to gain bartering advantages over their trading partners. Apparently they were good at nullifying the effects.

What really F'ed you up was the Romulan Ale! (Actually, it wasn't all that bad, but it was banned for trade by the federation, so it gained a cult status.)

There was another one but I'm having a hard time remembering it.

There is alcohol in star wars. The corellian ale has been mentioned several times along with other various types of wine and liquors.

There is alcohol in star wars. The corellian ale has been mentioned several times along with other various types of wine and liquors.

Yeah, I'm sure Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru served Bantha milk at teh dinner table, but the scum and villainy at the Mos Isley cantina weren't drinking green Kool-Aid!

There was another one but I'm having a hard time remembering it.

Andorian Ale is in several episodes of ST:E. Lots of different ales occur throughout Star Trek, Most are mentioned in ST:DS9, as Quark runs a bar.

Acording to Memory Alpha the following make appearances throughout the episodes and series.

Andorian ale
Bajoran ale
Breshtanti ale
Cardassian ale
Hazari ale
Kesatian ale
Michelob
Romulan ale
Toffa ale
Trakian ale
Xarantine ale
Yridian ale

landshark said:
Acording to Memory Alpha the following make appearances throughout the episodes and series.

Andorian ale
Bajoran ale
Breshtanti ale
Cardassian ale
Hazari ale
Kesatian ale
Michelob

No need to go any further.
Definitive win for Star Wars.

Depends on the writers and timeline.

Star Trek TNG wins for me. But movies are Star Wars. New Star Trek movies are making a run at that though. I will see how the new one is before Trek takes over in the movie aspect.

Ooooohhhhh booooyyyy I just found out Netflix has all the seasons of tng!!! I'm already on season 5

We watched all of TNG when it ran, but there are so few series worth watching, that that isn't saying much. I like Enterprise most but I'd take any Star Trek series over TNG.

I'd choose Firefly, Dr Who or Farscape over Enterprise though.

Back