Vanilla Pale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riddei

Reaction score
So SWMBO has some time off from her master's accounting and human education programs and is tired of wine. She is forcing me to bring my extract pot out of retirement and show her how a GF ale is brewed. She is twisting my arm to the point it might snap ;). We are going to make a simple cascade almost pale ale. and on the off chance it is horrible, I am going to rack a gallon onto a couple of split vanilla beans, and I was thinking of pulling off a second and putting some sort chocolate or maybe even another fruit into it, possibly some lemon peel and then bottle it and store it for spring. I also have about 8 growlers I can bottle into and maybe even put a piece of the vanilla bean in as an experiment. Any thoughts by brewers more experienced are welcome.:mug:

Hopville . "GF Pale Ale " American Pale Ale Recipe

Cascade and vanilla? Cascade and chocolate? These dont sound like good combinations.

i may be wrong. but isnt cascade a very sweet citrus bittering hop? i think the over tones of a dark chocolate or vanilla will sit well if the alcohol is high enough

Latest posts

Back