Bottling Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slaquor

Reaction score
I have been looking on here for a while, and I have not found any guide on making a bottling bucket.

I have a 5 gallon bucket and I want to add a spigot to it to bottle.

What do I need to buy from a place like Home Depot to put it together? I have little knowledge on "home depot" type stuff.

Thx!

Easy enough with the right size bit. Go buy a spigot from your local brew place or from midwest.

doubletime.jpg

I like the red/white Italian spigot I put on my bottling bucket. The spout is made to fit 3/8" tubing snugly. I use about 3.5-4 feet with my Fermtech bottling wand on the other end. I set my bottles to be filled on top of my old 12 pack cooler & sit down to bottle. Way more comfortable,thereby making it more enjoyable as part of the brewing process.
But I got my wife her BB ale pale (the one in the pic with the big "B" on it) with the drum tap mounted from Midwest. That spout can take a 5/8" tube! Talk about whirlpooling in the bottling bucket!!

Back