Traverse City Winter Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friday, February 12th, Grand Traverse Resort

http://www.tcbeerfest.com/winter/

Note the breweries attending, and also note that this is part of a whole winter celebration going on that weekend in Traverse City. My wife and I are planning on going for our semi-annual Valentines Day weekend getaway. Guys, you could play the romantic fool and take your lady out for a special time together (And what's this? There a beer festival going on? What a crazy random happenstance!)

I was going to bump this today, because the festival is THIS WEEKEND!

But acyl beat me to it.

And I agree, Right Brain IS the best brewery in TC! I wish I lived closer, or that they sold in stores. :(

Russ is the owner, and John is the brewer. Tell them I sent you! (And watch the confused looks on their faces because they don't know me.)

Had a real good time. My wife even drank some beer, although she soon found that hard cider was more to her taste.

I never did get to see Right Brain. One of the tents was just packed like a can of sardines. I managed to squeeze my way through most all of it, but did not see the brewery. It's possible it was just missed.

The other tent was less crowded. Founders was there. The owner was handing out posters and I bought a T-shirt. Tom, from Jamesport Brewing Company, was filling glasses for Founders. I wanted to give a hi, but the music was too loud.

Speaking of music, I heard an incredible band called Euforquestra in the tent. We pretty much stayed for their whole set. I bought a CD. (on the back of which they encourage you to copy and give away...) They are a reggae-infused band. I'm not much on reggae, but these guys sounded awesome! I actually preferred the live sound to the CD, and that's not usually the case.

I even managed to have a good time and not feel sick the next morning! YAY!

Crap! I just went to their website and found out that I could DOWNLOAD the whole CD for free...

LOL! Oh well, it was worth the $10 IMO anyway.

Back