Kegerator dream coming true

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've always wanted a kegerator but thought my only options were the small POS ones I saw online for $700. Then I found you guys! My sanyo arrived yesterday. I plugged her up to make sure all was ok from the factory and man that thing gets cold fast! So I took the top off and proceded to smear the top with cornstarch and alcohol. Turned her on and let the line reveal itself. I checked my tape measure over and over and over before I drilled a pilot in my plastic top. That was after I yanked the middle square out for my 8x8 wood. I must say I never once read how much of a horrible mess it makes getting the cornstarch paste off!! Whoa... Thank god for shop vac. So... After top was back on I started with my 2 3/4 hole saw. Holy sh** was I scared!! I knew I was hitting the metal when the smoke started. Drilled the rest from the I side, foil taped the hole up and now... Just waiting on my tower! I can't wait... Just another sanyo conversion but it's MY conversion. Sweet :)

thanks for all the great posts with pics and directions.

Mandy

I was going back through and realized I never added my pics:

e1a9681a.jpg

Congrats! There really is a wealth of information on this site, feel free to ask as many questions as you want because there is almost always someone around that has the answer or is willing to figure it out for you!

Enjoy the kegerator! There is nothing like pulling on your own tap for a refreshment!

Thanks for your reply. I agree about the site... There is so much info here! Speaking of, does anyone know the size of tnuts and screws used in the plywood to get it eventually flush?

Congrats, I feel the same as I finally got a full size after never having 1 and now have 4 on tap and room for 1, maybe even 2 more in there as I just drilled through the back finally to move the C02 tank outside and was a little weary doing that as you cant use no past for that operation. It was drill a small shallow hole as to not hiyt anything if it were right there, inspect really good around and then carefully drill some more and look again and then finally go through. I did this twice as I have a dble regulator and didnt want to spend more money on putting regs inside. One is for sparkling wine which requires more pressure or carbing beers and the other is for dispensing the 3 beers.

Hey all,

I am gonna post some pics. The few I managed to get that is. I was so excited I forgot snap pics often. I got the tower last night. Started doing the measuring and such for the four screws... And then I screwed up. After banging in those little bastard t-nuts and putting it all together. It didn't line up. I dunno... Silly silly me I guess for thinking the gasket would have the holes where the tower does! DOH!! So anyway, thankfully I have lots of extra plywood so I cut another 8x8 and used the tower to make the marks. Thankfully the gasket holes were closer in so you can't see where I originally drilled the plastic top. Anyway... Things are running along ok but I dunno how in gods name you all used a hacksaw to shorten the screws. Nothing I have even makes a dent. It would be really great if I had a dremmel with a blade or something. But I don't. All I really have is a jig saw and a circular saw. Any ideas?? Other than that, not much to report. I did however get my tower an regret not looking here first for what was a good one. The one I got doesn't have what you guys are calling front sealing faucets... Or something like that. Also, I can't get the top off. My plan was to do the copper tubing deal to keep the beer lines cold. Oh well, lessons learned.

Back