The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you put the CO2?

... And how do you keep it cold?

Mmmmm... Flat beer thats been pulled around all day in the sun behind Paul in spandex!! Where
do I get me some of THAT stuff!?!

You know, I usually like to search for a funny picture to accompany a story like that, but "swinging sausages" isn't something I really feel like Googling.

"C'mon Dakota!! Let's.... RIDE baby!!"

priceless2.JPG

That guy was actually really cool. He was the owner of one of the better craft beer bars we hit while out there in San Diego for the NHC last year. He was a nice guy... knew his stuff too.

That guy was actually really cool. He was the owner of one of the better craft beer bars we hit while out there in San Diego for the NHC last year. He was a nice guy... knew his stuff too.

The funniest was Soper trying to describe the subtleties of his various wines while cleansing his pallate with IIPAs.

LOL! That's right. I forgot about that... I am pretty sure he was freakin' drinkin' Stone 15th Anniversary and then takin' sips of Pino Grigio or something... "Ohh... yeah... I can totally pick up some subtle grapefruit:"... pfft!! YEAH..

Hey dudes... Originally from Andover mass, just moved to ct last fall for work reasons, hoping to move back up towards Boston eventually...figured I would stop in and say hello

ArcticBear said:
Hey dudes... Originally from Andover mass, just moved to ct last fall for work reasons, hoping to move back up towards Boston eventually...figured I would stop in and say hello

Andover and CT, eh? You're way to upper crust for most of us. You should reconsider jumping into this sandbox. Let's just pick Rick R as a representative sample of the mean. He's a psychological basket case because as a child he wax sold to a troupe of touring gypsy acrobats. In and of itself that wouldn't be such a bad thing BUT he can't walk across the room without tripping and hurting himself. I've personally seen him take a Dixie no less than six times. When Rick shows up for a brew day we designate someone's cell as the "Call for Rick Phone". We pre-dial the 9 and the 1 and designate someone to stand around with their finger poised over the final 1. So far we've kept him alive. It hasn't been easy.

But hey, you're welcome to come play!

Haha fair enough. Hardly upper crust..about as blue collar as it gets. Andover wasn't by choice, grew up in the house the moms grew up in. And ct wasn't a choice either, it's where I was relocated for work. Never wanted to move here and have hated it every day since I got here. Sounds like you guys have a decent time though, I'll be back up in mass this weekend for a buddy's stag party and finishing my kegerator before bringing it down to ct. Might be brewing an extract batch with the father on Sunday before trucking down

PTN and Dakota,
best of luck with the ride this weekend - it's definitely for a good cause - I have a friend that's been battling MS for years (heavily self-medicated), and just found out another friend and co-worker was diagnosed. Ugly stuff (talking about the disease, not PTN on a bike, but that fits too). and I had no idea they had falafal on the cape.

By the way, welcome Arctic - saw some pics of your "kegerator". It's more of a coffin keezer, and is awesome looking. Nice job, and I like the copper. But watch out for this site. Everyone's a Masshole on it. Except for me.

By the way, welcome Arctic - saw some pics of your "kegerator". It's more of a coffin keezer, and is awesome looking. Nice job, and I like the copper. But watch out for this site. Everyone's a Masshole on it. Except for me.

Of course, of course. I know it's more of a coffin keeper but that's really just too much effort to say. Kegerator it is haha. And thanks on the compliments, I love The copper, it adds a nice style to it.

does anyone have the recipe for this famous talked about blueberry brew?

If your talking about that little brewery out in Westminster I'd be down for a recipe too...laugh all you guys want...I love anything that gets brewed in that little farmhouse brewery :tank:

I'm on a different bus, Dakota beat me there by a bit. Ran into him at the 45 mile stop but the hills started shortly after that and my speed dropped like Rick off a ladder. Still, we finished, had a good ride and raised some money for a good cause. Thanks everybody!

Pisser that it ended the way that it did, but it's also a pisser that he couldn't have graciously accepted a lesser role. I think we're going to be looking for a bat like his on the bench, and it'd be nice having him around to occasionally fill in for WMB, Ortiz, and Gonzo (especially the way Gonzo's not been hitting the ball). But, that wasn't going to happen, he wasn't going to accept being a part-time player, which unless he can get healthy again (a big "if") is probably all he is.

It really wouldn't surprise me to see the rest of his career play out like Nomar's did; bounce around a little, have some success but mostly keep struggling with injuries and kind of scuffle around for a while longer (not expecting the trade to have the same effect on the Sox).

Miss the big guy, but it was time - but it was time to go mostly because of him.

the_bird,

Was out your way this weekend. Elm court in Lenox. Vanderbuilt estate, what a beautiful place. Took all the back roads in Vermont.

There are only one in a million athletes who can accept that their best days are in the rear view mirror and dropping behind quickly. I liked Youk, I even liked "his intensity" which is a polite way of saying a guy on your team is an Ahole. I wish him well, but it was definitely time to go.

Maybe he'll find a new venue for his athletic abilities as a triathlete. Sweat buckets, dope slap teammates and talking trash, all rolled upon one event.

So I went to north truro last week and looked for Cape Brewing's brewery to say hi. Couldn't find it. I blame you. All of you. I suffered miserably for the loss.

i had to console myself with fresh from the sea Wellfleet oysters on the half shell, tequilla, and almost nekkered college co-eds sunning themselves. It was hell.

Just had a Stone Dbl dry hopped Ruination... Wasn't actually that impressed with it. Thought it was actually a bit on the obnoxious side.

Having a Kiostritzer Schwarzbier now that is pretty nice.

Actually not blown away by the tap list tonight. It's solid, don't get me wrong but I'm not gonna jizz my boxers or anything

I am currently in a beer bah that has a tremendous reputation as one of the best craft beer bars in NYC.... Guy just leaned over me and asked if they had corona. You have no idea the restraint I'm currently showing.

Back