The Abyss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
Looky Looky!
Abyss-1.jpg

mmm... that's good beer!
Abyss-2.jpg

Big deal I got two of em too. AND, I learned it tastes better to taste the INSIDE of the bottle.

Just a word of warning, don't stare too long into the bottle, because it starts to stare back at you.

I just picked up a bottle yesterday. At 9.99 each that was about all I could afford. Put it right next to my 2007 vintage to be consumed....well...I don't know. In a few years maybe.

I got two because I knew that one day I'd drink one impulsively and regret that it's all gone.

First, the picture of you licking the bottle is disturbing. Secondly, big whoop... like me, you live in Washington and this stuff is pretty easy to come by. ****, I have had it on tap at more than a few places.

I have a few of these and The Dissident in the fridge.

I'm currently exiled to the Silicon Valley, land of technology and innovation.
It should be renamed the Beer Desert.

I cannot find this anywhere. I am sad.

Tell ya what, I'll ship you a bottle if you take over my debt. Did I mention I'm buying a house? :D

I'm currently exiled to the Silicon Valley, land of technology and innovation.
It should be renamed the Beer Desert.

I cannot find this anywhere. I am sad.

:mug:Here in Oregon, there is a lot of microbreweries, we usually get 2 beers at a time. One for drinking and one for soaking our feet in. Since you are from California, you can come on up and thanks for your visit.:D

First, the picture of you licking the bottle is disturbing. Secondly, big whoop... like me, you live in Washington and this stuff is pretty easy to come by. ****, I have had it on tap at more than a few places.

I have a few of these and The Dissident in the fridge.

hehe I wasn't trying to show off. Just really happy it finally showed up in town. There's only one place here I know of to get it and with things like that it's a "maybe we'll get some and maybe we won't" situation. I got a bottle of the Black Butte XX in July and have been counting the days until this one ever since.

:mug:Here in Oregon, there is a lot of microbreweries, we usually get 2 beers at a time. One for drinking and one for soaking our feet in. Since you are from California, you can come on up and thanks for your visit.:D

Actually from Portland.
Just moved to CA because of Job/career stuff.

Was back in Oregon for a 6 month contract gig last year... decided to make it permanent as soon as I can.
CA is nice... but I miss so many things about the PNW.

Beer is one of them.

Cheers!

I happened to be at Deschutes brewpub in Portland the night the Abyss was releases a few weeks ago. Total coincidence as I was on vacation. Didn't even know it was coming out. I had one on tap because how could I not... though an 11% Imperial Stout was a little rough after dinner and drinking Hop Trips for 3 hours. I likely didn't do it justice.

But man.. the line was wrapping around the place. I think they were limiting to a case per person. Very nice brew... though I'm still leaning toward Founders Breakfast Stout as my favorite seasonal Stout.

I just had a glass of the Abyss on tap in Portland. Last year's I remember having a more pronounced chocolate character. What I had yesterday was really rich in coffee and kind of a rum raisin finish. Delicious and truly decadent.

I'm still waiting for my bottle shop to get them in I wish I could get them for $10 my shop is going to sell them for $14.95 what a rip off.

By the way I opened up one of my bottles of Black Butte XX for Thanksgiving and I wasn't impressed, it was too sweet, I do remember last years Abyss being quite tasty though.

Yep, ditto on the Black Butte XX. I have one waiting on the shelf to see if it will improve, but I was not impressed. I was going to send one to my SS recipient, but sent beers I like better.

I have an Abyss waiting for the weekend. They are 8.99 here. Shipping would suck, otherwise I'd offer to pick a couple up for you.

Yep, ditto on the Black Butte XX. I have one waiting on the shelf to see if it will improve, but I was not impressed. I was going to send one to my SS recipient, but sent beers I like better.

I have an Abyss waiting for the weekend. They are 8.99 here. Shipping would suck, otherwise I'd offer to pick a couple up for you.

Yeah I had thought of sending XX with my SS package but I think I'll pass I'd rather send things I know are good. Dang did you have to tell me what your paying for Abyss? Now I really feel like I'm going to get ripped off, I should just drive up to Portland and get some up there, it would be way cheaper.

Is Salem that different in the beer prices? That sucks... I live in Eagle, which is just NW of Boise. It kinda' known as a "ritzy" area, but I still get beer at the same prices.

But I am closer to Boise than you are to Portland...

OTOH, I cannot get Pliny, or Double Bastard... but I do get other RR and Stone. Strange!

Latest posts

Back