Label/Display Help From My Graphic Designer SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is okay to post here or not, but I figured I'll mention it anyway. My SWMBO has a college degree in graphic art design and is currently working at a local firm as a graphic designer. In the past, she whipped up a brewing website for me and even designed some labels for my beers that I made. If you want to see what came of it, check out www.michaelphilleo.com and click on the beer portfolio. It's a little outdated, but the idea is the same.

Anyway, I was talking to her the other night about what was new on the forum and showed her some of the stuff I was reading. She noticed the Label forum and had an idea. She said she'd be happy to work with folks on the forum in designing labels and other presentation stuff for people's beer. We wouldn't want to charge anything outright, but donations would be happily accepted if the person liked what she made for them. She's trying to get into brewing with me, so she figures this is a way to help fuel her interest with the possibility of using some of these donations for making her own beer from her own recipes.

If you guys are interested, just check out the site and see it's something that works for you. Feel free to post in the thread or PM me if you like what you see. :D Thanks and sorry again if this isn't "kosher."

Its unfortunate that no one responded! I think it is quite admirable for her to offer her services. I'm not sure how many people will come to her straight up, but perhaps a good segway would be for her to just troll the label forums. There are always a few threads going of people asking for help and advice. That way she could do as little as give some pointers, or if requested or she was bored she could take someone's ideas and roll with them on her own.

She has some great stuff on her site and it seems like a good way for you and her to sample forum members' beers in the process :)

If I was at the point where I had some regular beers I brewed I might take her up on her generous offer.

I took up the generous offer, and I must say I was very pleased. If anyone needs a label and are artisticly challenged like me, contact EinGutesBier, his SWMBO will be able to help. I gave her the info I wanted on my label, explaining my Irish heritage and the fact that my ancestors built Enniskillen Castle and she created a beautiful label. They are truly wonderful people and I thank them so much. Here is the label:

label2.jpg

They all look great, I really like ftblhead's label. I'm a big fan of the earthen tone theme she's got goin'.

Back