My 2013 hopyard is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goingmad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm delighted to show all of you this image

Photo%2004-12-12%2016%2044%2020.jpg

A friend of mine is excited to share with me his unused yard, that seems just perfect for hops growing.

We'll start to do something in the yard in the next days, before the weather is too cold (yesterday seen the first snow).

In this thread I'll post updates, planning to plant the hop rhizomes in late february or early march.

The weather here (northern Italy) is quite close to the southern German and the yard is fully sun exposed.

Suggestions are welcome

cheers

gm

That looks like a perfect area for growing hops. How many varieties and plants are you looking to plant? That looks like you could grow enough hops for a small community there. Congrats by the way.:mug:

lol if the weather is like here in Giessen, it snowed then rained then snowed then got warm and is now cold again. Now on topic, what do you have planned for a trellis? Do you have a plan yet? If the gound where you are is half as wet as it is here there is not a ton you can do before spring. Grass removal is a big thing before planting unless A. you are going to let them do their own thing. or B. you love weeding.

Back