Hello from Madrid, Spain!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few of us American expats got tired of drinking Spanish beer and paying a premium for the imports at bars and shops so we decided to start homebrewing! One guy has some experience so we're not flying blind, but it's always a learning process.

Does anyone know of any Homebrew clubs or associations in Madrid? We found out that Spanish doesn't actually have a word that means "to brew." They just say "make beer." That sums of the Spanish approach at the moment.

If you know anyone that lives in Madrid and brews or loves beer, please let us know. We'd love to start a club if one doesn't exist!

I can't help - I can only comment that I love Spain. I'd be curious to see how the locals enjoy your production of real beer. When I'm there I enjoy the vino tinto, a few tapas, nd of course... manchego cheese. Hmmm - maybe it's time for my wife and I to return!

B

A few of us American expats got tired of drinking Spanish beer and paying a premium for the imports at bars and shops so we decided to start homebrewing! One guy has some experience so we're not flying blind, but it's always a learning process.

Does anyone know of any Homebrew clubs or associations in Madrid? We found out that Spanish doesn't actually have a word that means "to brew." They just say "make beer." That sums of the Spanish approach at the moment.

If you know anyone that lives in Madrid and brews or loves beer, please let us know. We'd love to start a club if one doesn't exist!

Hey

Me and my Irish friend think the same. I am from Hungary, but I have been here for 5 years. A few weeks ago we made our 1st and 2nd batch...IPA.
I dont like Spanish beer at all...but I might say I love fiestas...so I eventually end up buying the expensive beers when I go out. However, we do wanna enjoy our homebrew every now and then.
Are you guys on facebook or do you meet somewhere? Tell me a bit more. It is always great to meet people who have a common interest, beer. :)

Back