Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbanger

Reaction score
Any other metal fans on here? What have you been listening to lately? Here's a few new albums I really like...

Battle Beast - Steel
SymphonyX - Iconoclast
Hibria - Blind Ride
Bloodbound - Unholy Cross
Benighted - Asylum Cave
Made Of Hate - Pathogen
Wolf - Legions Of Bastards
Jag Panzer - Scourge Of The Light
While Heaven Wept - Fear Of Infinity
In Flames - Sounds of A Playground Fading

Recently I have been listening to

Ceremonial Castings
Iperyt
Weeping Birth
Enslavement of Beauty
Belphegor
Vergelmir
Ulver
Kataxu
Neo Inferno 262
Agalloch
Veil
Ewigkeit
Lacrimas profundere (old albumns)
Old
Ekove Efrits
The meads of Asphodel
Summoning
Skiltron N.V.101
Solefald
Capitollium
Nature and Organisation (not a typo)
Ayat
Tsjuder
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas
Sykdom
Thorns
Lurker of Chalice
Vaakevandring
Vothana
Ordo Templi Aeternae Lucis
Wallachia ……………….Anon, Anon, and so on and so forth these are mainly some black metal bands I like but I also love doom, death, pagan, and ambient metal.

I have been listening to much metal.

I love in flames as well from your list.

Metal-Fan-FT-25M-FT-30M-FT-40M--436372.jpg

Sweet! Loved the last Agalloch record, one of my all time favs. Have you heard the Atlantean Kodex record (Golden Bough)?

I have not headbanger, I have been disconnected from the scene for about 2 years now I have loads of music but have not been able to get albumns in a while. I will definatly check these guys out though. Thanks.

Right on man, keep me apprised of anything you think I should hear and I'll do the same. I know new Manilla Road drops later this month so keep an eye out for that one as I'm sure it will rule. :rockin:

The new Sepultura and Calvera Consipiracy are great. Anthrax is putting a new album out too.

Wow! I did not know hopefully they won’t disappoint.

What is your favorite genre? I can recommend some stuff you might not of heard. I have been getting into a lot of prog metal recently.

I like pretty much everything as long as it's metal, lots of good prog stuff around nowadays... DT's getting ready to release a new one although I was not very impressed by the new single.

The new Sepultura and Calvera Consipiracy are great. Anthrax is putting a new album out too.

I gave the new Sepultura record a brief spin the other day... Not bad really, especially considering it's been almost 20 years since they put out anything worth hearing. Anyway, definitely their best effort in a long, long time.

Devildriver
Lamb of God
Trivium
Pantera
Korn
Slipknot
Metallica
Mudvayne
Sevendust

Those are my favs.

Angel Witch
Arch Enemy
Austrian Death Machine
D.R.I.
Demon Hunter (old stuff)
Dethklok
The Exploited (believe it or not they went metal later in their career)
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Killswitch Engage
Megadeth
Metallica (old)
Motorhead
Officer Negative
Ozzy
Probot
Ringworm
Slayer
Tourniquet

I like pretty much everything as long as it's metal, lots of good prog stuff around nowadays... DT's getting ready to release a new one although I was not very impressed by the new single.

Did you hear that Portnoy's trying to re-join Dream Theater? Their lawyer rapidly declined. Don't know if I'm happy or not about this. However, the "New" Mike is pretty awesome as well.

Haven't heard the new single, but I'll track it down and give it a shot.

I haven't listened to much metal for a while, my two favourites are Opeth and In Flames though. One of my friends metalcore bands is about to release their second film clip in a few hours which I can share here if anyone is interested in some Australian metalcore :)

I haven't listened to much metal for a while, my two favourites are Opeth and In Flames though. One of my friends metalcore bands is about to release their second film clip in a few hours which I can share here if anyone is interested in some Australian metalcore :)

If you're sharing, I'm interested.

Vengeance is alright. I hate Mortification's vocals, but the rest is pretty good. Deliverance reminds me of old Metallica/Megadeth. I'm digging them. Living Sacrifice is OK.

Do you get into Crucified?

I'm not familiar with them, but I'll check them out now. I think I've heard Living Sacrifice on a Tooth & Nail comp, but I'm not sure.

They're just older christian metal like Tourniquet. Very very old stuff.

Well here it is, the video clip. The band is called Buried in Verona and are my close friends. I'm the guy in the beanie, and my SWMBO is the second girl with long black hair to come up.

Enjoy!

P.S. judging from the videos you guys have posted just before this, you probably won't like it. Just watch on mute then, I'm very interested in what you guys think of the video itself! I hope you like both though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. judging from the videos you guys have posted just before this, you probably won't like it. Just watch on mute then, I'm very interested in what you guys think of the video itself! I hope you like both though :)

Not at all. That was fvcking awesome. I love the hardest **** you can throw at me.

I really really liked that song. Thanks for sharing.

Those videos I posted was music I listened to when I was like 14.

I'm definitely gonna have to look into this band.

I do not know if you guys love grind core, but goratory's drummer is amazing to watch. Look at how this guys wrist barely moved, only his fingers. He's an drumming machine.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VsfPYozBOms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haputanlas said:
Did you hear that Portnoy's trying to re-join Dream Theater? Their lawyer rapidly declined. Don't know if I'm happy or not about this. However, the "New" Mike is pretty awesome as well.

Haven't heard the new single, but I'll track it down and give it a shot.

Hadn't heard that, but didn't really miss him much on the single. Personally I think they've been stuck in a rut for a while... Optimistic for the rest of the new record. Didn't really think the single was that bad, just a little dissapointed. The new symX album on the other hand does NOT dissapoint.

oldmate said:

That new In Flames record is incredible... Was very surprised and happy the first time I heard it.

godsstepbrother said:
i do not know if you guys love grind core, but goratory's drummer is amazing to watch. Look at how this guys wrist barely moved, only his fingers. He's an drumming machine.
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsfpyozboms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yes!!!

Not at all. That was fvcking awesome. I love the hardest **** you can throw at me.

I really really liked that song. Thanks for sharing.

Those videos I posted was music I listened to when I was like 14.

I'm definitely gonna have to look into this band.

Sweet! They're a really great band, but still underrated locally. They have two albums out already. Their most recent release was recorded by the same guy who records In Flames and Dimmu Borgir (I forget is name at the moment, he's in Sweden though), and they're about to tour Europe!!

That new In Flames record is incredible... Was very surprised and happy the first time I heard it.

Yeah! I like it too, it's pretty different from older stuff though.

If Pantera isnt in the CD player its some Anthrax- Among the Living.

Last edited by a moderator:
oldmate said:
Well here it is, the video clip. The band is called Buried in Verona and are my close friends. I'm the guy in the beanie, and my SWMBO is the second girl with long black hair to come up.

Enjoy!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdOjpOxo5s

Awesome!!! Keep it coming!

Back