Another brewery idea!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My sons & I were at this Landmark-like store in South Elyria a couple days ago, & while looking at turkey friers, I spotted this; http://www.amazon.com/Tricam-MT-2-Quick-Connect-Stainless-150-Pound/dp/B00GI0RF0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448633638&sr=8-1&keywords=game+cleaning+table
A game cleaning table with a sink, faucet that hooks up to a hose & a drain tube that could go into a 5 gallon homer cheapo bucket for my lil brewery corner.
I want to use the black bottling table in this pic as a computer table, in order to get the printer lower & to my left, rather than sitting up on the raised section of the computer hutch I now have.

This would also allow more air circulation around the tower, now in a niche in the hutch. So I could basically get everything within arm's reach on the table, so far as the computer is concerned. Besides not having to pull the tower out, & only so far, to mess with the wires. It would also allow me to clean things like bottles in the lil sink with the faucet hooked up to the hose connector outside near the corner of the house by the dining room behind this one. Drain into the orange Home Depot bucket, & I'm there, albeit in a basic sense. I also have the idea to make a wide, shallow drawer for pencils, pens, markers, razor knives, etc that could easily screw on to the lip under the edge of the table top. With 2 two drawer filing cabinets, one on each side under the table. Seems like a good idea to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
It might work.

For me the sink is way too small and shallow. And I would fill at least 2, and probably more, buckets. I plumbed a utility sink on my brew porch. It drains into a 55 gallon barrel which then drains to the yard through a soaker hose. Most of the waste water is produced in cooling with my immersion chiller.

I also use a utility sink in the garage, my drain is in the middle of the floor so i have a 10 ft flex hose that.s coiled up when not in use. i can put my 14g cronical fermenter in it for cleaning.

Well, My brewery/man cave is the parlor in front of the house. So I'm rather limited to what I can build in or otherwise permanently change. I use the hose outside to clean the ring around the collar & such outta my fermenters, bottling bucket & BB. So this could make bottle scrubbing, small parts cleaning & the like a bit easier on me, since I can barely walk with a cane. I could sit in front of this table/sink & do my thing. Not a great idea, but not a bad one either, in my estimation. Just wanted to see what y'all think, & any improvement sort of ideas y'all might have? I like the idea of the black 4' X 8' table becoming my comp desk, at any rate. Get everything within arm's reach, & not over the shoulder. Besides wearing trifocals & not being able to focus at steep angles...:mug:
* Just had another lil idea. How about a 25 gallon small barrel under the sink? I do have a collapsable utility cart ( the 2 wheeled type)?

I changed my mind on the set-up. Instead of getting the game cleaning table/sink, I got this "L" shaped desk instead. It'll still get everything below shoulder level, making things easier for me. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/coaster-computer-desk-l-shaped-table-top-black/1305937060.p?id=mp1305937060&skuId=1305937060
Besides leaving some room near where I'll be positioned to write in my notebooks, etc. The tower will go on the corner, which will be in the front corner of the room of the front wall with the windows. The printer will go on the left side of the "L", to the left of the tower. That'll leave the room a bit more open with me a lil farther away from the window near the corner of the room. I wanna get some 2-drawer filing cabinets to go under the printer side for receipts, etc. Gotta shoot some before & after video for comparison's sake. I was amazed to find this desk setup is cheaper at $154.05 than the 30" X 60" plain folding table I previously considered at some $169! This old hutch is looking too cluttered & worn out, as I'm sure many of you have seen in my pics of beer pours. I'll put a video together of some sort of now & then kind of thing with video & pics. Now if I could just find my mic that got lost?...overdubs would be cool.
Over-all, the room will look less cluttered & open. SWMBO agrees as well, so bonus, as I used my BB CC...

I purchased a double wide deep utility sink. Its great for cleaning fermenters or any other large piece of brewing equipment. It also has an faucet that can stretch.

Well, the reason I changed my mind is that there's no water or drain in this room. I really wanted to use the 2' X 4' bottling table as a desk, only to find it's 5" shorter than the hutch/desk. So I bought the "L" shaped desk instead. I have a cart to haul bottles, kettles, etc into the kitchen to clean or bathroom to drain anyway. This will definitely open up the room a bit. I may even primer & paint the back & front walls of the room before installing the desk & computer stuff.

Back