What's brewing this 4th of July?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All American Wheat IPA. Not sure where I'll put it after secondary in a few weeks unless I can get some help w/ the four nearly full kegs I have!

Celebrating a successful brew day by sipping on my homebrewed Sour Blonde/Berliner Weisse that I aged on Pinot Noir soaked oak chips.

Just wrapped up brewing my "Three Nut Brown" - brewed with crushed walnuts, pecans and almonds added to the boil.

Happy 4th everyone!

BIAB Cream Ale - cheers and Happy 4th all! Remember those out there far from home protecting our ability to be here brewing!

About to wrap up the boil on an all Summit Pale Ale. Can't wait to cool this beast with the hot as hell groundwater we've got here in Houston. Yippy!

Hey fellow Houstonian! My water is too hot to get the wort down to ideal pitching temp too. Finally after 7 yrs I made a new wort chiller last night so I can use the old one as a pre-chiller. I'll be trying it out for the first time with this batch today.

I have the same problem here in El Paso. After I get down to 100F with the garden hose I switch my IC over to a pond pump submersed in ice water. I managed to get down to 62F in about 30 mins or so...

Brewed an IPA today... Crazy hot and I regretted it a couple times, but was able to jump in the pool half a dozen times to keep me from spontaneously combusting.

Going to go get my first Belgium triple to brew tomorrow. My 4th ever batch and my first triple extract.

calling for 101 and a 110+ heat index here, so i am going to pass on brewing and concentrate on drinking beer.
I like your thinking. i have my apa and ice cold sprite ready and waiting. nothing goes down better on a hot summer day then a shandy

Xpertskir said:
Can I come over?

This day has certainly imploded for me. Was going to brew a burly Belgian ipa but ingredient procurement issues have delayed that til this weekend(sucks not having a lhs). To add icing on my cant brew cake, I now have a work meeting from 2-4 and I have to drive an hour each way.

:kicks dirt: I'm drowning those sorrows later

That sucks about the meeting. I had an on-call rotation on my last job (pc technician), had to work a couple christmas holidays and others as well, so i feel ya.

stonebrewer said:
Sam Adams Boston Ale clone here in the DC area. First batch was close, this one I think will be closer. Nice patriotic beer theme! :D

I like your thinking. Any chance that I could get the recipe from you? I've been wanting to make a clone

Back