shelf life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPER

Reaction score
If I order a couple extract kits at a time will they last on the shelf since I only have a single keg set up, I usually get kits that come with milled grains and liquid extract and of course the yeast would be put in the fridge, but if the kits sit on the shelf for a couple months will they still be ok ?? the place I get my kits he makes them as the order comes in, mills the grains and then seals them in plastic bag and same for the extract

I'd just keep it all in the fridge until you're ready. I keep all my specialty grain, extract and yeast there. Base malts I just keep in a sealed pail. The milled grains aren't making up the majority of your fementables so some loss in freshness is not going to have a major impact.

They will be fine. Yeast in fridge, hops in freezer, and keep the rest sealed; cooler the better, but don't fret it.

Latest posts

Back