Brewery tour next summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So this coming June is Mrs. uwjester and my 10th aniversary. We thought about a cruise in the Caribbean, but decided we didn't want to be on a boat in the middle of the ocean if we needed to get back to the kids for some reason. The missus suggested a brewery tour somewhere besides Colorado. I'm so friggin excited for this, but I need to plan it out right.

I'm thinking San Francisco up to Portland over maybe 5 days. I don't want to overdo the breweries, but I don't want to miss any good ones either. So here's my thoughts so far.

Day 1: San Francisco - Anchor and 21st Amendment
Day 2: Lagunitas, Russian River, and Bear Republic
Day 3: North Coast and Lost Coast
Day 4: Ninkasi and Rogue
Day 5: Widmer, Hair of the Dog, and Deschutes Brewpub in Portland (probably can't make it to Bend)

There are a bunch that we'll just have to skip. Sadly Stone just doesn't fit into the route. Same with Deschutes and Sierra Nevada.

So what's missing that would work along that route? Also, where should we stay? I was thinking hotels in San Francisco and Portland and b&b's along the way, but I am not an expert on Northern California/Oregon by any means.

theres alot of good ones listed here...you got my main picks. As far as i know firestone walker is close to russian river. Its the only one i would consider other than whats on the list you have.

Whats your stance on camping? i was gonna do one of these a while back and planned to carcamp at some chill spots along the way. Much cheaper than a hotel and its pretty temperate atleast in norcal.

I'd love to camp, but SWIMBO may not be as in to it. Maybe one night around Redwood National Forrest. I hadn't thought of Firestone Walker. I'll look into adding that one.

I'm glad you are coming by the Lost Coast Brewery. We'll be glad to see you. Firestone Walker is down south not in Northern California. Sierra Nevada is a great brewery to visit if you are ever in that part of the country.
Barbara Groom
Lost Coast Brewery

Back