1st Beer Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version of the label do you like?

• Wow... Version 1 is cool, I like it.

• No way... Version 2 is better.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cregar

Reaction score
Hey all,

It was kinda slow today at work so I thought I would mess around with designing a beer label. I have two versions for you to vote on. Let me know what you think... comments much appreciated.

Thanks

Version 1:
cregars-beer-label_v1.jpg

Version 2:
cregars-beer-label_v2.jpg

V2 has more contrast and is far brighter and more visible.

So, did you really copyright them or did you just write the word "copyright" next to them?

As a designer/artist, anything I create is automatically copyrighted. Been doing design for about 16 yrs.

Copyright Info
When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Just noticed there is a label area... Mods, please move the post over there.

Thanks

It's a joke (he can't see anything except the girl....)

I like the second one a lot better. All joking aside, the background of the first one is kind of depressing, it's all gray. I like the second one a lot, though, the brightness of the border really brings it all together. Just more inviting.

Cool, I am the only one that voted on version 1!!

Why? It looks more german. You got a german-looking babe standing there...go for the subdued old-school german label look!!

They look awesome :rockin:

As a designer/artist, anything I create is automatically copyrighted.
So is the Girl a friend or SWMBO?
Not a Lawyer, but pretty sure you can't copyright something made from someonelse's copyrighted work without permission.
Not that it matters, unless you plan to make money off of it... Man I am bored at work (retiring in 3 weeks and already turned over everything to my replacement.. these 4 hr work days with nothing to do are killing me)

i also chose version 1 because, yes it felt more german! It also seems more subdued and vintage or classic. i dunno. nice work.

Hello budbo,

I think as long as the artwork (girl) is changed by at least 30% its concidered fine. Plus I am not planning to use the label on a commercial product, just personal use.

BUT... maybe I am wrong about the girl. If so, I will get a friend to dress up like that and use her photo. :) Or designer her in a 3D program. I was mainly just copyrighting the overall design. It's still not a finished label... just concept right now.

Gonna vote for #2... The colors really bring it out. My only question tho, are you going to have a basic white border when you put them on the bottle, or trim them around the fine young lass? (Which to ME seems like it would be a PITA)

Then again if you only do a few of them it may not be such a big deal...

Looks awesome tho! :rockin:

Ize

Is there an "s" behind the girl in Heißes? IMO, I think it would look better if you dropped the "es" off the end.

I like them both for different reasons, but I noticed the letting in the bottom one is brighter yellow (for "blond", I hope).

How about changing the lettering in the upper label brown so you can use it for dunkel ale? You'd also have to change her hair to brown.:D

Which city is that in the background? Do you know?

Ize said:
My only question tho, are you going to have a basic white border when you put them on the bottle, or trim them around the fine young lass?

I work as a Large format printer, we have a 54" inkjet printer which will print on thin label material (vehicle wrap vinyl). The printer also has the die cut attachment so all I need to do is create a die line file around the label (1/8" from the edge of the image). The printer will then print & cutout each label, leaving the paper backing... So just peel the backing off and stick on bottle.
:)

homebrewer_99 said:
Is there an "s" behind the girl in Heißes? IMO, I think it would look better if you dropped the "es" off the end.

Which city is that in the background? Do you know?

Yes there is... I went to a language translator and translated "Hot Blond" to German which gave me "Heißes blondes" :)

Not sure what city that is... just a search on the internet of Brewery.

Sorry... can't seem to find it... must have deleted it. I found it with a search on google (images) and found it there.

Back