A beginning kegging guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was at the reddit homebrewing sub, and saw a guy make this long, detailed reply about what you need to get started with kegging. He referenced the fact that it was a long copypasta of his, and it just struck me that it was so good, so thorough, that it needed to be formatted up as more of a "real" article.

So, I messaged the guy, and he was down with the idea. He put it together in article format, also dug up a few pictures of his setup to put in there.

As an avowed bottler, his beginner kegging guide really helped me to get a better idea of what I'd need to do if (when?) I finally go over to the dark side. ;)

Solid and well written. Noticed the recommendation for barbed vs MFL. I went with MFL, but about the only thing its good for is to connect two liquid disconnects for a closed transfer. Wish someone had told me to go Barb :)

Yeah, I felt like he did a really nice job. It's been interesting reading some of the conversations around the post, too - I feel like I may manage to avoid some of the gotchas others have run into.

Back