Craigslist SCORE!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxhophead

Reaction score
I just want to say that I love craigslist . . . . let me rephrase that I have a love hate relationship with it. Despite all the flakes and overpriced garbage on there, every once in a while a good score comes along that makes all that hassle worth it. Today I got a case of BROWN (except for one green) bail top bottles for $10 and they aren't even that dirty. I'm taking a break from cleaning them to post this as a matter of fact. Some are from Grolsch, some from Altenmünster, and there is another style with no identifying marks on the bottle. I know some people hate these bottles but I'm really excited because I have been having a good Cragslist week, earlier in the week I scored 2 coolers for $6 and now this. Plus I tried my barley wine for the first time a couple days ago and it's better than I could have imagined. I have to say in all my life I've painted, sculpted, done silver smithing, and I've been a photographer for 10 years now and nothing has excited me the way home brewing does. Plus I've had about 3, 20oz bottles of my 13.75%abv barley wine so I'm felling it a bit and rambling, so I will stop now. Anyway just wanted to share my score, YAY for me!!!:ban:

Saw one here today...10 Cases of 22 OZ Brown Bottles, Glass 6 1/2 gallon Carboy and a Hydrometer for $60.
Buy the time I decided that the 120 mile one way was worth it...it was gone.
:(

Yeah, you can find some real sweet deals on CL from time to time.

Picked up a 5 lb co2 tank. 1/2 full (waaaay past certification...1967!) and single gauge regulator for $20.

Just got a Danby DAR482BLS mini fridge for $50.

BigKahuna said:
Saw one here today...10 Cases of 22 OZ Brown Bottles, Glass 6 1/2 gallon Carboy and a Hydrometer for $60.
Buy the time I decided that the 120 mile one way was worth it...it was gone.
:(

That's an awesome deal and worth the drive. I would have snatched that up in a heart beat. Although I guess if you're a kegger it's not as appealing.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the free section of CL and found an add for 150 FREE bottles from a ex-homebrewer that wanted them to go to a good home. When I got there, he actualy had more than that. Total booty: 1 full case of swingtops, 2 cases of 16.9's and 5 cases of 12's...I even left him a couple cases...he said "just in case the feeling strikes, and I want to make a batch in the future." He's also got a pretty sweet 10 gallon polarware kettle and a few fermenters he said he might be willing to give up in the future! Total cost for me: about 2.5 gallons of gas and a six pack sampler of homebrew. +1 under the "Craigslist F'in Rocks!" section! Only probem I can see is that SWMBO's not going to be happy with 8 cases less storage space in the "already cramped beacause of all your brewing sh*t" basement, as it's come to be known. Hmmm. I wonder if I could hide them in the ductwork...;)

Pyro said:
A couple of weeks ago I went to the free section of CL and found an add for 150 FREE bottles from a ex-homebrewer that wanted them to go to a good home. When I got there, he actualy had more than that. Total booty: 1 full case of swingtops, 2 cases of 16.9's and 5 cases of 12's...I even left him a couple cases...he said "just in case the feeling strikes, and I want to make a batch in the future." He's also got a pretty sweet 10 gallon polarware kettle and a few fermenters he said he might be willing to give up in the future! Total cost for me: about 2.5 gallons of gas and a six pack sampler of homebrew. +1 under the "Craigslist F'in Rocks!" section! Only probem I can see is that SWMBO's not going to be happy with 8 cases less storage space in the "already cramped beacause of all your brewing sh*t" basement, as it's come to be known. Hmmm. I wonder if I could hide them in the ductwork...;)

I'd be glad to "store" a couple cases for you :cross:

I love CL as well a couple of weeks ago I bought a huge amount of stuff from an ex-hombrewer. The list was extensive but here is some of the stuff.
4 glass carboys 2 5gal 2 6 gal
3 gal cornie keg
15.5 gal sanke keg
lots of hoses
5 gal water cooler
valley mill grain mill
mash paddle
hydrometer
IM wort chiller
2 fermenting buckets
caper
caps
and a bunch of other odds and ends
all for a grand total of $150

I posted that I was looking for beer bottles and another homebrewer emailed me and said she had too many and offered them to me for a dime a piece, which is a good deal in Michigan because that's the deposit price. I also just bought an Avanti Kegerator of CL for $150 (he wanted $225). Sweet deel for a fridge, tank, regulator and tower.

pdxhophead said:
I just want to say that I love craigslist . . . . let me rephrase that I have a love hate relationship with it. Despite all the flakes and overpriced garbage on there, every once in a while a good score comes along that makes all that hassle worth it. Today I got a case of BROWN (except for one green) bail top bottles for $10 and they aren't even that dirty. I'm taking a break from cleaning them to post this as a matter of fact. Some are from Grolsch, some from Altenmünster, and there is another style with no identifying marks on the bottle. I know some people hate these bottles but I'm really excited because I have been having a good Cragslist week, earlier in the week I scored 2 coolers for $6 and now this. Plus I tried my barley wine for the first time a couple days ago and it's better than I could have imagined. I have to say in all my life I've painted, sculpted, done silver smithing, and I've been a photographer for 10 years now and nothing has excited me the way home brewing does. Plus I've had about 3, 20oz bottles of my 13.75%abv barley wine so I'm felling it a bit and rambling, so I will stop now. Anyway just wanted to share my score, YAY for me!!!:ban:
Hey, you need more bottles? A girl on my bowling league (in Milwaukie) wants to get rid of 6 cases (if I remember correctly) of brown bottles and a bottle capper. It's all a packaged deal, and they all go together. She asked me if I want them, but I don't and I have no where to store. Send me a PM if you're interested. You'll have to remind me to ask her about them on Wednesday.

EDIT* Oh yeah, she just wanted to give them away, so of course I would pass on the deal. Only cost you gas to pick them up from me (if she still has them).

Here's a bunch from DetroitCL for any MI lurkers...They're not mine...though the gear for 50 bucks is something I'd consider...but I really don't have the space....Usually Detroit CL is dry for homebrewing stuff.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/602167677.html

I don't know if this is a good deal for a 15 gallon brewkettle...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/597693120.html

Here's another kit for 20 bucks.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/for/599791931.html

Another setup for 50 bucks

http://detroit.craigslist.org/hsh/571005266.html

Anyone up in FLint interested in Bottles?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/hsh/563912526.html

This is tempting...Maybe a Gift for Evan :)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/clt/562055346.html

Back