Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This still working on them.

image.jpg

I like the IRA label, but I'm really groovin' on the Twilight Zone style label. Although fairly simple (text & background), it's very well worded & certainly in the vein of Serling. Just a thought, but maybe a pic that's a little more "Serling-esque?" Or maybe even a pic of Serling himself?
But overall, well done!
Regards, GF.

Thanks.
The back label was really just an after thought. Made a few weeks after the front. And the photo is of me...deep into the Scheller zone.

wow there are some really nice labels here, I've been working on several versions of this but have to use an online tool (not a graphics designer by any means) and so far they are just way too expensive. Does anyone know where to make good quality labels for less? I'd only use them every know and then when giving away bottles. thanks!!

snag_program-00001-66835.png

I made these for my friends vanilla stout. It's a map of the island named reunion which has some some history with vanilla

These are very nice. Your choice of paper really makes these work! Good job

Thanks, I just used regular craft paper and sprayed with acrylic spray to make it waterproofish.
I'm going for a very homemade style, like it was made in a cabin with canning jars, instead of what I tried before, which was trying to make it look professional.

That looks really cool. I'm assuming you print them, spray them, and then cut them out? I dig the style of the designs.

Thanks! Yeah, print, spray and cut. The good thing is it uses minimal ink since I just print in black and there's not much actually being printed

Thanks! Yeah, print, spray and cut. The good thing is it uses minimal ink since I just print in black and there's not much actually being printed

Those really are excellent. I'm a huge fan. Again, just construction paper? Like the stuff you'd give a kid to scribble on?

Thanks. I'm not sure, it's called craft paper so I'm not sure if that's different than construction paper. A quick google search looks like it might be a little thinner but I'm sure any rough paper would be good as long as it's not so thick that it's hard to wrap it around the bottle easily.

Also: I just brewed again today. An oatmeal coffee stout. I don't have the numbers yet or the words written so it's just filler on the words but I put it just to show how it all wraps around and how separate it is.

Thanks again, I'm glad you guys dig it!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456159990.349888.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456160022.760950.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456160036.785749.jpg

Kraft paper is the kind of paper that brown paper bags are made of. It's usually smoother than construction paper. Usually comes in rolls, however you can find it cut and packaged for printer use, too.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to stick them yet, I was just gonna try the milk method (the beers I made are still fermenting) but I'll try that other method.

I can't recommend gelatin enough. Just a gram of gelatin with 30-35 ml of boiled water is enough to get through two cases. Works really well cleans off well too

I'm doing a series of single hop beers to learn more about the flavors. What helps you learn the most? A Pee Chee of course!
So my question is; which should I use? Full PeeChee is more complete but maybe is a bit busy so I'm leaning towards half PeeChee

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456712632.642855.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456712651.092342.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456712659.989894.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456712668.757693.jpg

I was talking to some 20something year old friends and they had no idea what PeeChee's were. So I figured it's my duty to bring them back

Back