Starting my keezer build tomorrow, a collar question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chello

Reaction score
So i'v seen the light of kegging. Tonight i found a deal on a 5 cubic foot Haier Chest Freezer on craigslist so i jumped on it (i'm starting small).

When building the collar have you been removing the rubber seals on the bottom "freezer half" of the lid and installing the collar on that or just building it on top of the rubber seal?

I'm sure i'll have a few more questions as it moves along.

Definitely move the seals, if necessary. My seal was also on the lid, so I didn't need to move it.

Like others have said, you need to remove the seal if it is attached to the freezer itself and not the lid. Mine was attached to the lid, so it was not a problem.

There are many ways to attach a collar and I chose the easiest - I ran a heavy silicone bead around the perimeter and set the collar on top. I then sealed around the inside and outside with another bead that I smoothed with my finger.

It's been together almost a year and I've never had a problem. Good luck with your project - it is a lot of fun to build one of these.

- GL63

IMGP0029.jpg

Latest posts

Back