Rum Barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomBeerGuy

Reaction score
So I would like to get a rum barrel to age a future brew. I have been trying to look how to get them online but keep getting the run around. Does anyone know a good crediable source to obtain such a product? I prefer spiced rum.

maybe try to contact a distillery? on my trip out to Napa, talking to a wine maker, he said barrels were his biggest cost. I think he said a new oak barrel was a few hundred dollars, but after he's done with it, he couldn't give them away and would chop them up for firewood.

he could get 2 batches of wine out of them, one of his blends required fresh/virgin oak, then he had another one that allowed him to re-use a barrel...after that, it was useless to him.

Check out this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/used-liquor-barrels-230606/

I've purchased a good amount from Farmhouse, as have many others here. I don't have a place to put a barrel while I get a batch ready for it. Otherwise, I'd have at least one or two of the ones he sells. You can also find unused barrels on ebay with a minimal amount of searching.

Thanks for all the replies, If be checking to this further. I'm thinking of aging a stout in it.

Back