Beer things in Kauai around sept 1-9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickWG

Reaction score
Title says it all. Since someone asked about Hawaii how about Kauai? My wife and I are going there this sept for our anniversary. Beer related or not just want to get a game plan going.

Any Hawaii locals have some must see sights on Kauai?

Rick
My wife and I went to Waimea brewing while on Kauai 2 years ago and while the brewpub was a quaint and beautiful place to be, my Pale Ale was quite poor. The brewpub is near Waimea Canyon on the SW side of the island. Do be sure to take the scenic canyon drive and stop into WBC anyway and walk around the beautiful grounds there. Also don't miss Keoki's in Koloa which has the best tropical ambiance of any restaurant I've ever been to. Get yourself a Kona brewing Fire Rock Red there and Hula Pie for dessert. Another great place for a cold one while people watching (Girls in bikinis) is Dukes outside beach bar at the Marriott by the harbor. We loved the Kilauea lighthouse, Hanalei townand Koloa town too. We took a helicopter tour of the island and thought that was the greatest, most spectacular ride thing we ever did. Awesome!, but the best craft beer on the island is from Kona Brewing (Big island). Try 'em all and have a great time there!!

Randy (Beerbecue)

Wasn't leaning toward the heli ride as I do get sick in helis but since it was so good I'm gonna get on it. I'll just take bonine or something.
Thanks for the info on the rest of the stuff (and the beer stops) Wife doesn't need to know I'm goin to those places for the beer.

Was in Kauai about two years ago and had a great time. Didn't check out any local brews or breweries though. Waimei Canyon was awesome. Zodiac tour of the Napali coast was unbelievable. Helicopter tour was cool. Quite a rugged, secluded, beautiful island IMO.

Back