Funny Dreams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie3

Reaction score
I figure that I would start this thread because I have not seen anyont talk about this subject - at least not as of late.

Recently I really became involved in brewing, again. I brewed some beers a while back and had a peak interest in the hobby but never had the money to invest in any equipment until lately. In the past 6 months I started out in Extract Brews then onto more complex types with all kinds of grains and adjuncts to finally ridding extract and brewing AG. I love this sport! It is the best thing since, well the invention of beer!

Anyway, lately I have been having these dreams where my beer comes out like water. I rack it into the keg and viola the beer that comes out has a dark color to it but has no head, is really thin, and bitter - almost like the first hydro sample which everyone tastes - you know - Really GREEN. When I wake from these dreams it makes me want to go taste my beer to make sure that its OK. Currently I have a stout in my secondary and it has been there for almost 3 weeks. I need to rack it into a keg but right now my keg is 1/2 full of APA. I know that the stout is fine. These dreams suck because they make me worry (a wee tiny bit) and I cannot seem to stop them from occurring. It is funny if you look at it from the outside, but man - this hobby is no longer a hobby it's an obsession.

Not to brag but as time goes on, like for all of us, the beer gets better and better.:rockin:

Does anyone dream about their beer? What kind of dreams do you have if you do?

- WW:confused:

Sounds like Bad Mega Crud syndrome, also know as BMC.

has no head, is really thin, and bitter
Sounds like my Bent Rod Rye when it came out of the primary!

david_42 said:
Sounds like Bad Mega Crud syndrome, also know as BMC.

Sounds like my Bent Rod Rye when it came out of the primary!

Sound more like a bad date.

- WW:eek:

Actually I have similar dreams. I just can't turn my brain off at night. I've dreamt the fermentor basically exploded and I lost the whole batch and lately I'm dreaming of yeast..

I need a hobby, oh wait, this is my hobby.

Chimone said:
Ive been wanting to try a breakfast stout for a while now.

I have a raspberry-maple red ale bottle conditioning right now - maybe I should try pouring it over pancakes!

I can't wait to try this one - but I am waiting, another ten days or so will be three weeks. Had a real, real nice flavor and aroma when I bottled, and a nice, full mouthfeel. The pisser part (assuming it proves to be as good as I hope) is that I only made a half batch (the other half I left along as a straightforward red ale.)

Grr... won't do that again. Now, what to do with a pair of 3 gallon carboys?....

That's nothing! Last night I dreamed I was fighting dinosaurs with Nina from the first season of 24 in a furniture store and the only way to kill them was to smash the dish their soul was attached to.

True story.

I keep having this dream in which I am trying to stick my hand in my mother's purse, but my uncle keeps putting cigars in my pocket while my sister eats a donut while riding a black unicorn in the pouring rain. Gosh, I wish I knew what that was all about...:cross: :drunk:

Brewpastor said:
I keep having this dream in which I am trying to stick my hand in my mother's purse, but my uncle keeps putting cigars in my pocket while my sister eats a donut while riding a black unicorn in the pouring rain. Gosh, I wish I knew what that was all about...:cross: :drunk:

This is not a good time to tell us about the after effects of your infected beer. Especially when your about to be famous. Incidently, are you taking addresses for autographed copies?

Brewpastor said:
Why, I believe it means it's going to rain, of course:drunk:

I dreamt that I was eating a gian marshmellow. When I woke up my pillow was gone!

Wilson's bladder is probably just full from having a homebrew before bed. The bubbler making noise as well as the signals from his full bladder influences his dream- makes him think of a whhhoole carboy full of watery, pissyweak beer.

Tequila and Mezcal give me funy dreams- I wake up and am afraid to put my feet on the floor cause I know there are snakes under the bed. I could understand it better if they were water snakes...

I'll admit I've had homebrew dreams too. My latest are that I siphon my beer into my kegs and realize too late I forgot to add priming sugar and gelatin. Frustrating. Same feeling you get in the dreams where you're at college and have finals and haven't been to a single class or studied at all.

Orpheus said:
Same feeling you get in the dreams where you're at college and have finals and haven't been to a single class or studied at all.

Oooooh. Deja vu! It took years after after I graduated for those to go away. I'll probably have one now. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back