Multiple Kegs with One CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub1427

Reaction score
Once i pressurize a keg, is it possible to leave it in the fridge and just hang out? or is it going to have to have a constant pressure on it at all times for it not to go flat? i found a great local deal for 2 used, but cleaned kegs, with all the needed equip like co2 tanks etc... But i need to know if once a keg is pressurized it can just hang out, while we pressurize the others :drunk:

Yes. Once your beer is carbonated, you can put it udner pressure and disconnect the CO2. However, if you draw beer out of the keg the pressure will drop so you'll need to give it another touch of CO2 again.

You can store kegs jsut like you store bottles-- keep em closed in a cool dark place (although dark is less important--- out of direct sunlight in order to maintain a constant temp) till you're ready to hook them back up and drink.

Depends on how much you tap it. If you don't drink any, you don't need any extra CO2.

That's real sweet, I'm buying three kegs tomorrow, delicious homebrews all summer long. Thanks for the help.

sub1427 said:
That's real sweet, I'm buying three kegs tomorrow, delicious homebrews all summer long. Thanks for the help.

I hope you are going to have more than three kegs all summer... hehehee... I can't make a keg last more that a few weeks with jsut me drinking out of them... I've never used bottles, but kegging is so easy... you'll never regret going that route..

Jester

sub1427 said:
Once i pressurize a keg, is it possible to leave it in the fridge and just hang out? or is it going to have to have a constant pressure on it at all times for it not to go flat? i found a great local deal for 2 used, but cleaned kegs, with all the needed equip like co2 tanks etc... But i need to know if once a keg is pressurized it can just hang out, while we pressurize the others :drunk:

What ever method you choose to carbinate the beer (force, natural, etc.), make sure that it is carbonated to the desired level before unhooking the CO2.

:)

Why not just make up a three way manifold and have all your kegs connected at the same time?

Latest posts

Back