Need a quote for a wedding label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrico7812

Reaction score
I am making 25 gallons for my brothers wedding in September. The label I am designing will be the same for all the bottles (changing only the beer style for each type). I want to put a nice quote or toast at the bottom of each label. I want it to be something along the lines of drinking and spending time with friends and family, something warm and inviting, something enduring. Does anyone have any thoughts or know of a site that has sample text along these lines? Thanks in advance!

Eric :mug:

Polygamy Porter is already taken...
"Why have just one?"

but a close second would be

Run Away Rye or I Hope She Doesn't Turn into Hefer Hefe

Ok , that last one is a little long, but you get the idea :D

How about:

"There can't be good living where there is not good drinking."
-Benjamin Franklin

or,

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm

:)

Here's to cheating, fighting, stealing and drinking. If you cheat may you cheat death. If you fight may you fight for a brother. If you steal may you steal a womans heart and if you drink may you drink with me.

"Now what is a wedding? Well, Webster's dictionary describes a wedding as the process of removing weeds from one's garden." - Homer Simpson

"If you are reading this, its too late to run."
or, as my father-in-law said to me,
"What the Hell were you thinking?!?"

Der Trunk sei klar, Dein Lieb sei rar. Trink was Klar ist, Sprich was wahr ist.

"May the drink be clear, your love be rare. Drink what is clear, speak what is true."

I have always had one on the back burner in case I was ever called on... I am not that witty so I have to plan ahead.

May you have all the heath, wealth, & happiness that your hearts can handle.

Silly I know but it is what I got.

My favorite was always "A man's not complete until he's married...then he's finished"

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...

I've got a good one, which I used for a toast at my brother's wedding. I got it off the internet so I can't claim to have written it, but I wish I had.

"My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least."

I like the twist ending- it takes just a second to sink in.

Back