Strange Guinness nitro tap - anyone seen one like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
I came across this faucet picture:

xCLSsoc.jpg

It looks really odd. There's a shorter black/silver thing on the bottom attached to what looks like a regular stout faucet at the top, but it doesn't seem to have the standard 1-1/8"-18 Thread (U.S. Beer Industry Standard) that is used to attach to a standard shank. Maybe it needs a different (euro) shank?

Anyone know what the shorter silver/black thing is for or how this thing works at all or what it's for?

Not looking for one, just that curiosity got the better of me. I already have two "regular" nitro faucets like this:

JESF-4.jpg

Thanks!

Kal

Almost looks like it was designed to pour from both outlets if it truly has two outlets.

I swear I have seen that style handle however not the spout portion.

Yup. Though maybe it's not a second spout? The black top on the smaller "spout" almost looks like it's a handle you can turn... maybe a flowrate reducer / line restricter of some sort?

Kal

Had someone else tell me:

"I've seen these before at pubs. It for pouring the pint in 2 stages. you fill the glass 3/4 then you turn the knob to get the beer to come out the second nozzle which gives the creamy head and the cascade effect.

I think is so you can pour a table worth of Guinness so everyone pint is still doing the cascade at the arrival at the table."

Sounds sort of like a 'cheater' Guinness faucet because you can go faster/get the pours all the same. Interesting. Never seen it before.

Kal

I was searching for something else on google images when I found that picture. Made me laugh when it was already on HBT.

Latest posts

Back