Floating flakes in my secondary.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jroc

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first attempt at brewing. I am brewing a cream ale from a BrewHouse kit. I have followed the directions to a cue, and proper sanitary procedures were followed.

When I racked to my secondary the day after there were little brown fleks floating around just below the surface of the beer. They look exactly like flakes of ciggarete tabbaco. They dont seem to be growing.

Any ideas? I know this question is asked a whole bunch, but just want some ease of mind. I hope it turns out great tasting.

Thanks

I have not smelled it since I transfered it. But it tasted great when i did. The kit I used came with the wort premade, so I cant tell you what kind of hops, pellets I used.

First off, welcome to the board!:mug:

Sometimes my beer develops what I think look just like sesame seeds floating around in my beer. I can see how you might say it looks like tobacco. It's little clusters of yeast and not something to be concerned about (if this is indeed what you're describing.)

Back