Now there's one way to get some meat to go with your beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the worst thing will be when 15 does show up on his doorstep ready for him to collect the spoils of his victory. :D

I think I would have just shut the door and called animal control! My wife gets testy when I spill beer...can't imagine how she'd react if I let a deer's blood on the comforter.

A professor was telling me a similar tale in a class I was taking for work last week. Apparently a deer entered his friend's house with nobody home through the plate glass door and cut itself up pretty bad. It wound up trapped in the laundry room having bled all over the house and trashing everything in sight. At that point the daughter came home and believed an intruder to have entered the house and slaughtered the family, and she could still hear him in the laundry room! Perfectly credible conclusion to jump to...apparently it was quite traumatizing.

If ever there was a reason to keep a shotgun in the house, I think that's it. : )

Yeah... I was quite impressed with his accomplishments. Especially after having been kicked by it several times. I cracked up at that "bowlegged" comment. But yes, that is what shotguns, or any sidearm really, is for.

It makes me want to get drunk and convince a dumb ass friend to wrestle with one!!!!

things like this actually happen several times each year. I don't know why this one in Arkansas for some reason went national.

I'm with BeeGee, I'd just let it go until animal control got there. That guy could have been seriously hurt and the deer probably would have done much less damage.

I'd grab one of my friendly boom sticks and shoot it, then have someone process the meat. <smiles>

As far as deer done less damage, those things tend to do a lot... but oh well.

Wrestled it to death for FORTY minutes in a bedroom?

Did it run in and say "Nice daughter mate - well worth a good pummel. How much does she charge? - did you decorate her 'boudoir' yourself? It's just what a punter likes - cheap and trashy - i like! If she's already booked how much for the old tart i passed on the way in?"

Talk about getting carried away.....

Why did he not shut the door, turn off the lights to calm it and then just call animal control?

I guess it would have sh*t on the carpet :rolleyes:

Back