Kegerator Fridge - Haier HNSE05

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbudtwo

Reaction score
Sorry for anyone coming in here looking for a build log, if this one works out, you will get it. :)

My girlfriend has this from college and it has been sitting in her garage and she asked if I wanted to use it for lagering/kegerating. I knew it was a freezer top style fridge so I assumed it would be relegated to lagering but after seeing so many people actually bend the freezer out of the way I figured I would give it a whack. But I am new to brewing and I have more experience with power tools than I do with brewing equipment.

I do not have any corny kegs sitting around, and I have looked up various dimensions of these things and I have found between 8-9 inches in diameter, and about 23-25 inches tall depending on the lock style. The fridge measures 28" tall on the inside, and at the diagonal it measures 18 inches from INSIDE the motor hump. I didn't measure the full depth as I am more concerned about fitting two cornies inside. I could probably squeeze another inch or two if I take off the plastic that is on the door.

Does this sound like a good canidate for kegeration? I would be able to buy a couple of used corny kegs from craigslist, but I was also planning on getting a kit from keg connection, and they don't sell a two spout kit sans kegs. Unless someone in the east bay has a couple of corny kegs I could borrow for a couple hours, I will probably have to build first and ask questions later.

Advice, suggestions, snide remarks?

All appreciated,
Thanks!

Did you ever convert this fridge? I'm looking at the same one and wondering if it will fit 2 cornys.

Back