Beer Gods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Weevel

Reaction score
Did anyone ever lose 5 gal of perfectly good London Porter in the bottom of your freezer? I guess I'll chuck it in as a sacrafice to the beer gods!!!!:(

not 5 gallons! That is nasty.

I did have bottle explode in the freezer on Thursday night which sent glass into everything and had to chuck it all out :(

Yes, a whole corny full I did'nt notice that the out poppet valve was stuck in a slightly open position and the rest is history! The good news is the other five are almost full and now I have room to BREW, YES!!!!!!:eek:

Orfy, on top of corny kegs there are in and out ports in the center of these ports there are little valves that have to be depressed in order for the co2 to go in or the beer to come out. Well I had the co2 connected and the beer port disconneted to the beer line and the little valve was slightly in the open position. The rest is history.:( :(

Bad luck. You must be pissed at that. Bit like losing a friend. (Not quite but..)

Thanks for the info I use cornies so I guess I'll have to watch that.
I prime with DME and on use co2 for serving. Plus I ain't got a kegorator yet. It's winter here so I don't need it. I keep my back room at 13-15c when I'm not fermenting a primary.

Back