Happy with first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothman

Reaction score
I've brewed a mild ale with the following ingredients- Specialty Grain- .125 lbs. Simpsons Chocolate
.25 lbs. Crisp Amber Malt
.25 lbs.Crisp Brown Malt
Fermentables- 3.15 lbs. Amber Malt Syrup
1 lbs Amber Dry Malt Extract
Hops and Flavoring- 1 oz. Kent Goldings
Yeast- Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley Ale

I fermented for 3 weeks and bottle conditioned ( in a water bath) at 70 degrees for 4 weeks. My wife and I are pleased with the results at this point. Can you guys tell me about how long the quality of my beer will continue to improve if I continue to condition at 70 degrees? At some point it won't get any better right? Thanks in advance.

That batch will probably stay at its peak for a few more months, so like rentachik said, drink and brew another.

Where did you get the brown malt from? My lhbs can't get brown malt and so far, I haven't been able to find a good source online.

That batch will probably stay at its peak for a few more months, so like rentachik said, drink and brew another.

Where did you get the brown malt from? My lhbs can't get brown malt and so far, I haven't been able to find a good source online.

Brown malt came from Northern Brewer.

Back