Greetings from Frederick, Maryland!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipknotMcGee

Reaction score
Frederick is home to:

• Me
  • The Flying Barrel - LHBS, BOP, and the best (and only) brewshop I've been to.
  • Flying Dog Brewery, not to be confused with any other Flying beer-related businesses in the area.
  • Franicis Scott Key. Did he brew beer? I don't know, but a lot of guys back then did. And in any case, he was a lawyer, and lawyers drive people to drink, and people drink beer, so we can thank him for that.

I've just gotten started with my little homebrewing kit, and I'm learning the ropes. I'm on my second batch right now, a Vanilla Oak Imperial Stout (inspired by the box the ingredients came in - minus the vanilla - and Dominion Oak Barrel Stout). I've been known to make up some pretty good fudge recipes, so watch out. Once I find out what the heck a secondary is for, I will be a force to be reckoned with.

Either that or I'll just have fun and make beer. Yeah, that sounds better :)

Welcome from Baltimore! There's a few others here from Fredneck. If you ever feel like making the drive out to a MD brewday, give us a shout in the gatherings forum!

Back