oxygen regulators anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an oxygen regulator that is used on a medical type oxygen bottle that has a valve on it like this.

http://www.shopdiscountmedical.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=LU-M009-032

Unless you have one of those tanks or a way to get one refilled (by perscription only) they will not be of any use.
I wouldn't toss them. They may come in handy to trade for something for someone who could use them.

Yea, +1. Without a script the med tanks are of no use. As mentioned, you can't fill them or get them over the counter.

Google; Timeter Flowmeters, I paid $22 for a used in like new condition flow meter.
With 1/8" NPT in and out, easy to assemble with brass fittings.

Timler Instrument Corporation in Landcaster PA.

This is the same medical oxygen flow meter that I use, 0-15 LPM.
Model ULO-15. It has the steel ball float that's calibrated at 50 PSI.

Works great off my 214 cu/ft O2 welding bottle regulator.

Just call your doctor's office and tell them what you are doing. Most will not mind writing a prescription, especially if they like craft brews :). Worst case buy the fittings and make an adapter to go to a welding style oxygen cylinder. I hate to see good regulators go to waste.

I have been looking for one of those exact ones! I just didn't want to pay $20 for one. I'll pm you if you want to sell one.:mug: i'd rather help out a fellow brewer.

Back