Sad news for all of us from GreenwoodRover's family

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. If there is anything any of us can do for you guys, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Laura and family,
Like most here, I didn't have many interactions with Kevin. It's obvious though that he was a great person and touched many people. We are blessed to have spent some time with him, even if it was all too short. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Jason

Please forgive my late response.
I am truly saddened by the news of the loss of your loved one. I will keep you and your children in my thoughts.

please let us know if you need any help of any kind. i dont know what we can do ohter than offer kind words and prayers, but this is a good group of people. they helped me through a similar situation a few weeks ago. it is strange how the words of people youve never even met can lift you up and give you hope and solace. God be with you and your family.

Hi All,

We have all been amazed at the support and kindness that has come from this board. Like I said before - this group meant a lot to Kev. He started quite a few sentences with, "...the guys on the brewboard." He felt like he knew you. Words cannot express how touched I am by all you are doing for us. Kevin's brother, and some of his closest friends are planning to try to keep his brewing alive. It was, after all, one of his favorite things to do. Please know that I plan to keep in touch. To let you know how their brewing is progressing, and how my boys and I are getting along without our Kev. Right now, it's just moment to moment - we miss him so much.

The generosity you have shown and the thoughts you have sent our way show that you are all wonderful people. Kev was lucky to have known you, in whatever way he did.

Love to all of you,
Laura Dennis

I've been out of town for while and just read this sad news. I just cannot believe it. Unfortuntaley, I never met Kevin, but I always enjoyed reading his posts and loved his avatar!:) He seemed like a great guy.

My deepest condolences go out to you and your family, Laura. I'll do whatever I can for the memorial brew.

Im also in the Chicago area and have shared exchanges with your husband in the Chicago Group. I cant imagine what you must be going thru. I am just a few years older and have two boys the exact same ages as yours. I need to go make sure I have all my ducks in a row. My sincerest condolences.

Laura, I'm sorry to hear for your loss. Kevin was a great contributor here, and he will be sincerely missed. It is hard to lose someone close to you like you have, and for those of us who knew him as a screen name, it still feels like a big hit to the community. He was one of us, and a damn good one of us. He will be missed.

Well, this thread is sliding down the rankings, the regular posters have said their condolences. The donations have pretty much peaked at $1,600!

This does not mean we have forgotten already. Many of us have memorial beers to brew, special labels to print......And all that good stuff when we send our brews out to Kevin's and family and friends.

Just because the initial outpouring is over, it does not mean we have stopped thinking about Kevin and his memory.

Just because the initial outpouring is over, it does not mean we have stopped thinking about Kevin and his memory.

+1 for this.

I am working diligently to make Shiver Me Bitters (memorial brew) my first all-grain batch. I hope to do Kevin's recipe justice and to cement it as a milestone in my own brewing history, to which I will always look back to Kevin and the many inspiring individuals here on HBT that have guided me along my way.

Just caught this thread - I had a beer with him at the bar across from RC's house during the group grain buy. Only met him the one time in person, but still very saddened by the loss. He will be missed.

-OCD

I have not been posting for a while, so I have missed this news. None the less my heart goes out to you and your family. Kevin was a great part of this community and his passing will be remembered. You are in my prayers

For what it's worth, Jesus I'm sorry to hear about this.

I say with the utmost sincerity that I understand what you're going through, and understand there isn't anything I can say to make it even fractionally better for you. Please do your best to keep your heads up, it's almost the only thing you can do.

Ugh. :[

I have been posting on and off for a while, so I have missed this sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family. Personally I just felt like sharing this song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UdYytKOaZ0]YouTube - Anna Ternheim - My Heart Still Beats For You - Live from Kristallen 2009[/ame]

H

I am so sorry that I have seen this only now. I greatly admired and enjoyed Kevin's passion and intellect, whether with regard to brewing or any other topic. I offer my deepest condolences, as well as my promise that my family will keep yours in our thoughts and prayers.

TL/Doak

I got a Thank You letter today from the Memorial Trust. I'll scan it next week and post it.

I thought about GWR tonight while tasting the Shiver me Bitters for the first time. A good toast to our lost comrade. I'd like to see the thank you note posted.

My apologies for being late.

Laura, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My deepest condolences on your loss. God be with you.

On Friday, November 27th, the Rovers (taken from Greenwood Rover, a group of long-time friends) got together for the monthly poker night. At the poker night one of the Rovers brought in a large cooler filled with "Shiver Me Bitters" brewed from various home brew folks. There were letters written and the detail that when into the labels on the bottles was amazing. My eyes started to well up as I saw how much time and effort went into the brewing of my brother's recipe "Shiver Me Bitters." We all had a toast in honor of my brother. He would have been so proud of all the Home Brewers.

I want to thank everyone that participated in the brewing of the beers and for all the love and support everyone has given over the past months. My brother’s family and I are amazed at how kind everyone has been from the brew board. These have been difficult times, but the kind words, thoughts and actions from you all have made them a bit more bearable.

The beers where great and I wish I had such a skill. Thank you and have a great Holiday Season.

Mike Dennis (Uncle Mike and brother to Greenwood Rover)

Back