My IPA has chill haze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impulserush

Reaction score
Ok, i know about chill haze. My first batch had it. I chilled one and it was hazed.(only about 3 hours) I used Irish moss in the boil. After I let it bottle condition and carb up will storing them in my basement which is 45-50 degrees help this go away or will it need to be in a fridge at colder temps. to help it clear out. Any help would be great.

Anything that I dry hop and don't leave in the fridge for a long time is hazy. I don't have a basement but I bet that would help.

Fridge, colder, longer.

My IPA and APA's clear up in the keg after a few weeks in the fridge. They end up looking like a commercial, filtered beer.

I use no fining agents in any of my beers.

That what I will do then. Is it because of dry hopping? I have not had a chill haze problem with the last 3 batches till this one.

My dru hopped beers can be a little cloudy, longer, yes. But they are running crystal clear from the taps after a couple weeks.

I've read that lagering for 24-48 hours at the end of primary period, just prior to racking will help with this too. I just tried this myself, but the brew is a bock fermented as an ale, and isn't the best style to see improvements in the clarity category!

Maybe others do this with success?

That what I will do then. Is it because of dry hopping? I have not had a chill haze problem with the last 3 batches till this one.

If it's from the dry-hopping, it isn't chill haze (which is another thing entirely). Time + cold will help drop it out. Did you dry-hop with pellets?

No leaf cascade, The beer is crystal clear till I chill it in the fridge. The taste is good, I will let it sit in my cold basement then a fridge. This should clear it up?

Yes, it is like cold crashing... in the fridge for a week or two should make it crystal clear. Everything should precipitate out.

Thanks all, I cracked one I chilled last night. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best beer to date, This is one of my regular brews now. I will think of you all everytime I drink!:mug:

Back