German Bock Compliments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panzermann

Reaction score
I have given out some of my brews to people and out of all the beers I have made, my German Bock has gotten the best comments. That German Bock was made from a Munton's Bock Beer Kit and 3lbs Amber DME (December 08). WTF? lol

Maybe because it has more age on it then say my Dos Equis Amber and DFH Clones?

I had another guy last night state "Man, I loved that Bock. It was so smooth and easy to drink" and the other comment was "I not only liked it, but I love it to the point I could drink it everyday". haha

I am hapy I "made" such a good beer that they enjoy but good lord. I hope to get the same response out of some of my Extract brews (DFH, Dead Guy Ale).

My 3 main fermenters are empty again and I guess I should do another Bock Kit just to keep them happy. ha I was thinking about doing a German Bock Extract batch.

So what do you guy's/gal's think?

Make another Kit or Extract?

I'm always for making my own recipe rather than going for a kit. Kits are just really unsatisfying to me. There are a lot of good recipes here if you look around in the recipe section, or you could check the BJCP guidelines for a reference and go it on your own.

I recently cooked up a Bock recipe based on the one in the New Joy of Homebrewing. It's gotten the best response of anything I've brewed yet, just threw it on my kegerator. I've had people wanting large amount of it in bottles to take with them. Gotta make a bottle filler!

If you want to try a different recipe, I can find the one I did for you.

I'm always for making my own recipe rather than going for a kit. Kits are just really unsatisfying to me. There are a lot of good recipes here if you look around in the recipe section, or you could check the BJCP guidelines for a reference and go it on your own.

I know this...

I am just amazed that the first beer I ever made is getting rave reviews when it was just a ****ty kit beer.

Back